Tesco Value Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
  • I like this spaghetti and I am quite happy to have his for a nice lunch even when I have the money to buy a more expensive brand
  • If you are a student, or you are one of the many people who have lost your job in the economic recession, I would recommend that you try this 14p spaghetti as it is nicer than you would probably expect

• by jeanne71

I was made redundant last year and found myself having to live on a very low income for a while. During this time I had to learn how to make my money go a lot further, and this is when I tried out the incredibly cheap Tesco Value Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce. This is only 14p per can!

The tomato sauce is made from natural ingredients and real tomatoes and it does contain sugar. A serving of half a can

contains 100 calories, which is not bad at all. In case you have an allergy, I would point out that this product contains wheat gluten.

I had no faith that this spaghetti would actually taste nice and so I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The short spaghetti pieces are quite chunky and they sit in a rich tomato sauce that actually tastes quite good. I expected the sauce to be too thin but this is nice and ...

• thick with a strong tomato taste. I can taste the sugar in the sauce and my only criticism would be that I would prefer it to be less sweet than it is, but it is still a tasty sauce.

Nowadays, I always have a few cans of this in my food cupboard as it is so cheap I cannot resist just grabbing a can when I am in the Tesco store. At 14p the cost is negligible. I most enjoy

having this spaghetti on toast or on a baked potato for a filling meal.

I like this spaghetti and I am quite happy to have his for a nice lunch even when I have the money to buy a more expensive brand. If you are a student, or you are one of the many people who have lost your job in the economic recession, I would recommend that you try this 14p spaghetti as it is nicer than you would probably expect!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856231231/k2311a104/10.4.09