Marks & Spencer Coconut & Honey Shampoo
  • I think this must be from Marks & Spencer’s most inexpensive range of basic shampoo and I believe the several holiday-size 100ml bottles I bought were on special offer at the time for 50p each
  • I often buy pretty basic shampoos as long as I don’t feel they have stripped my hair of moisture, as I prefer to spend more money on getting a decent conditioner
  • I may buy this one again if it happened to be convenient to do so at the time, but I would not go out of my way to purchase this again

• by jeanne71

I think this must be from Marks & Spencer’s most inexpensive range of basic shampoo and I believe the several holiday-size 100ml bottles I bought were on special offer at the time for 50p each. I chose the Coconut and Honey variety intended for dry and damaged hair.

The shampoo itself is a clear yellow gel that looks pretty much like pale honey. Looking at the list of ingredients on the bottle, I

cannot see any mention of real honey or real coconut. It contains glycerine which is a well known moisturizing agent, but the rest appears to be chemicals.

The smell is a slightly strong, pretty basic scent of honey and coconut. It is not a very refined smell and I do not particularly like it, but it does not really matter to me as the scent is largely obliterated by the conditioner I use ...

• afterwards.

It does lather well and the lather has some richness to it, but I always think that a creamy shampoo is going to be more moisturizing than a gel one like this. My hair feels as though it has been somewhat moisturized when I have used this, but not as much as it could be by a shampoo.

This is a very basic shampoo which could be worse but for the price there are

much better options out there, particularly in terms of the scent. I often buy pretty basic shampoos as long as I don’t feel they have stripped my hair of moisture, as I prefer to spend more money on getting a decent conditioner. I may buy this one again if it happened to be convenient to do so at the time, but I would not go out of my way to purchase this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31410856201231/k2311a104/10.4.09