The Co-operative Fairtrade Rich Roast Instant Coffee Granules  » Food  »
1.5
  • In summary, I would not recommend Co-operative Fairtrade Rich Roast Instant Granules, but I would point out that there are other coffees in the Co-operative Fairtrade range that are much nicer

• by jeanne71

This brand of instant coffee is not only completely ethical, but it is extremely cheap at just 84p for 100g. The Co-operative is a network of businesses that pride themselves on being socially responsible. This coffee sold in Co-operative convenience stores is therefore a Fairtrade approved product which, as the label says, “Guarantees a better deal for Third World Countries”.

So far so

good, but the taste of this coffee is absolutely horrible. I would say that it seems to be of medium strength, with absolutely no body to it at all, and a revolting aftertaste that makes me grimace. It says on the label that each serving contains 60mg of caffeine, which is a little on the low side so it may be that ...

• it is lacking in caffeine. It is lacking something anyway. I would not say that this was a coffee of decent quality.

I drink a lot of coffee, but I am not a snob when it comes to labels, so I will quite happily buy one of the cheap brands as long as they taste OK. But, this was just a little

too cheap so I did not have high hopes that it would be drinkable.

In summary, I would not recommend Co-operative Fairtrade Rich Roast Instant Granules, but I would point out that there are other coffees in the Co-operative Fairtrade range that are much nicer. I would recommend you try another coffee in their range if you want an ethical, inexpensive coffee that tastes good too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856191231/k2311a104/10.4.09