Chanel Inimitable Mascara VS Diow Mascara
2.5
  • Overall, I would not recommend this mascara
  • I decided to wipe the mascara off, and look around the makeup counters some more
  • Even though it was a small price difference, it was definitely worth it
  • I suggest going to Nordstrom or any department store that has both Chanel and Dior and trying them for you self

• by Jona007

Every girl loves a good mascara. Every girl, also loves designer brands. But, we all have a budget, and it is not always possible to buy the $2,000 Chanel or Dior bag. So, I had to settle for their mascara.

My mom and I went to Nordstrom one day to buy some makeup for a New Years party we were attending. I had heard in countless reviews/magazines how good of a mascara the Dior DiorShow was. So, I decided to try it.

I have medium length, not too straight but very difficult to curl eye lashes. I tried the DiorShow mascara and it did not impress me at all! First off, it did not

darken my eye lashes much. Secondly, instead of making my lashes voluminous and ‘model-like’, they almost looked the same.

The brush was a little rough and not too smooth on the lashes. The brush was also a little bulky and big, making the corners hard to reach. Overall, I would not recommend this mascara.

I decided to wipe the mascara off, and look around the makeup counters some more. I then headed to the Chanel counter. I really had not heard about the Chanel mascara too much, but being a big fan of the designer, I decided to try it out.

And let me tell you, I absolutely loved it! The brush smoothly glided through ...

• my lashes making them darker, and dramatic! It curled my lashes without having to use a lash curler. The “does it all” mascara really DID ‘do it all!’ You do not have to worry about clumping, but be careful at the corners. You want to make sure which ever part of the brush you are using, it does not have too much mascara plied on top or else it WILL cause clumping! Now, for the comparison of prices.

In the end I ultimately purchased the Chanel mascara. The Chanel mascara was $30, while the Dior ‘DiorShow-Black Out’ mascara was $24. Even though it was a small price difference, it was definitely worth it!

Now, to

recap.

When trying the DiorShow mascara: it was rough on the lashes, did not go on smooth, I noticed no big difference in the darkening of my lashes and not a big volume affect or ‘WOW factor. Due to the big brush, the corners were hard to reach. For the Chanel mascara: Went on very smoothly, no clumping (except watch out for clumping on tip or bottom of brush when doing the corners), added volume to my lashes and darkened tremendously also adding curve.

I hoped I helped you all with this review! Now, everyone is different. I suggest going to Nordstrom or any department store that has both Chanel and Dior and trying them for you self.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31310855890731/k2311a103/10.3.09