Proantinox Liquid Urinary Tract Cleansing Complex  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I bought Proantinox (a product of Medical Nutrition USA, Inc) three weeks ago because it was on sale at Rite Aid and I had a coupon, so I only paid $3
  • The directions state that Proantinox can be mixed with hot or cold drinks, so I thought I'd try it that way
  • It managed to dilute most of the cough medicine-ness, but definitely not all

• by elferris13

I’m trying to think of a word to describe how truly awful this stuff is. Disgusting? Foul? Gross? Just plain nasty?

I bought Proantinox (a product of Medical Nutrition USA, Inc) three weeks ago because it was on sale at Rite Aid and I had a coupon, so I only paid $3. Usually it retails for $9.99 for a 7.5 fl oz bottle. It’s a pretty small bottle, but as a serving size is one tablespoon, that’s really not so bad. According to the bottle, there are “about

15″ servings. I only bought it because my doctor had recommended that I start drinking at least 8 oz of cranberry juice daily as a preventative measure for urinary tract health and according to the bottle Proantinox supposedly has the “power of 8 glasses of cranberry juice in each spoonful.”

And I will never ever ever buy it again. In fact, I’m going to throw away this bottle with only three servings gone.

The first serving I just poured into a measuring spoon and took straight with no ...

• diluting. The bottle says that it contains no sugar, but it’s incredibly sweet. Like coats-your-tongue sweet. Proantinox claims to have “natural cranberry flavoring” but I certainly couldn’t taste any. Really, it tasted more like pineapple juice with a large twist of cough medicine, which is more horrible than I can describe. I drank 16 ozs of cold water afterward and still the flavor lingered.

So the next dose I took first mixed with a full cup of cold water. The directions state that Proantinox can be mixed with

hot or cold drinks, so I thought I’d try it that way. That sweet, cloying taste was still there. Less of the cough medicine aftertaste, but that was still apparent as well.

For the third try, I mixed one tablespoon of Proantinox with 16 ozs of cold water. It managed to dilute most of the cough medicine-ness, but definitely not all. And it still was really sugary! Ugh.

So yeah, after three strikes, it’s definitely out. Maybe it is super good for you, but I’m sticking with good old cranberry juice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26310855740731/k2311a103/10.3.09