Faultless Heavy Starch
  • I totally recommend this product for ironing convenience

• by Savvy

This is a 20 oz bottle of starch that is used to iron clothes. It is a white bottle with a blue cap. There’s a picture of a dress shirt and an iron on the front. It claims to make ironing easier. The bottle has some helpful ironing tips listed on it as well. The bottle is recyclable and comes in an aerosol spray bottle.

I have always used this starch to iron dress shirts. It is cheaper than name brands and does the job equally well. It’s easy to spray on the fabric and starts to work on contact with cloth

and iron. My clothes turn out crisp and pressed. It works very well in removing wrinkles when clothes come out of the dryer. I spend less time getting out the wrinkles as I would have if I were using just the water spray on my iron. This starch works especially well on the collars of the shirts. It leaves them looking firm and neat. I can fix ironing mistakes easily too. For instance, if I accidentally create an extra wrinkle, I just spray some more of the starch and the wrinkle is gone within an instant. The finished look is more ...

• professional than using just water or a more expensive name brand. I also like that even after wearing a garment a couple of times, the ironed look remains. Another great thing is that the starch comes of easily when washed.

The thing that I don’t like about this product is similar to what I don’t like about any other starch product. It leaves flakes from time to time. The iron does get a coating and the fabric sticks sometimes as well. But I feel that’s a given with all starch products. Its more how you use it than the product itself. The

other thing that I don’t like is that liquid rust builds on the spray button area if you forget to wash it out after you are done using it. It is an added hassle but none more than using other brands.

I totally recommend this product for ironing convenience. It helps save time and your clothes look neat and professional. You don’t really need to know how to iron correctly, the starch hides most mistakes. Just like continuous dry cleaning can harm fabric, excessive use of Faultless Heavy Starch may wear down your clothes, so it’s best to only use it when needed.

Faultless Heavy Starch
    rita says :

This really is an INFERIOR product. It should not be considered a starch. It does not add body like a regular starch does. One would think with the term “Premium” it would be a heavy starch. Instead, it does very little, if anything for the fabric. It has a bad smell. It does not spray properly. It accumulates bubbles at the sprayer, thus you lose product. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT FOR ANYONE.

eleonora says :

The Faultless Premium starch is not bad if the spray works. But mostly it stops spraying after 2-3 times of using. And one don’t has choices but put the hole bottle in a trash though the bottle is almost full yet… I am experiencing that almost always. To be able to use the hole bottle - it is a rarity ….I would not recommend this Starch to a friend…..

Judy Derby says :

re : I totally recommend this product for ironing convenience
    I’ve used this starch several times to iron with. Or I should say: I’ve TRIED to use this starch. The spray button sticks before the can was even half used, and then it might spurt out in a stream, which was not helpful. And if I tried to iron that stream, it would flake up really bad. I kept trying to use it periodically, thinking that surely the problem would have been fixed. But I finally gave up and stopped using it. Now, I only steam my wrinkles.

Savvy replies :

I m sorry you are having trouble using the product. Go ahead and send your thoughts to the manufacturer. Every product can be improved upon and this product can too. I m still using it and face similar issues from time to time but they are a rare event. Thank you for reading my review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53310855700731/k2311a103/10.3.09