Harvest Chewee Milk Choc Chip Cereal Bars  » Food  »
  • Widely available in supermarkets, I bought my last box from my local Heron store
  • I love most cereal bars anyway, but they are even more loveable when they have little milk chocolate chips in like these do

• by jeanne71

Harvest Chewee Milk Choc Chip cereal bars can be found at the bargain price of just 99p for a box of 9. Widely available in supermarkets, I bought my last box from my local Heron store. I love most cereal bars anyway, but they are even more loveable when they have little milk chocolate chips in

like these do. I can get my chocolate fix whilst still eating something that is relatively healthy.

According to the box, they contain wheat and oats and are packed with ‘wholegrain goodness’, they are a great source of fibre, vitamins and iron. ‘Wholegrain’ means that the grains have not been overly processed and stripped of vital nutrients. The box also declares that they do not contain nuts and were made in a nut free factory, for the information of those of you who have a nut allergy. Also please note, they do contain gluten.

So, these nut free cereal bars are quite densely compacted whole rolled oats and whole rolled wheat, so that they ...

• Harvest Chewee Milk Choc Chip Cereal Bars
      resemble Rice Krispies and grains squashed together and bound by glucose syrup. The bar is chewy and bendy and sweet tasting. They are very tasty and filling and I did not really notice that they had no nuts in until I read the label, but I would usually have chosen a cereal bar that had nuts
      in. These are tasty nonetheless.

At 92 calories per bar, they are a good way to get a bit of a chocolate fix and remain virtuous at the same time. These are great tasting, nut free cereal bars and a bargain at only 11p per bar. A tasty way to get some extra fibre in your diet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27210855650131/k2311a102/10.2.09