Sycomore by Chanel perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I think this is one of the reasons why I had to try for myself a Chanel fragrance
  • That is why I thought I really have to have one bottle of any Chanel perfume
  • I know of a particular brand who consistently creates the same look for his perfume yet only changing the color of the liquid and the name
  • What I like about the smell in Sycomore is its strength

• by erykah

I never had a perfume from Chanel. Thus just last year I tried my first bottle. I opted for the latest fragrance that was released just last year. The house of Chanel does not release perfume almost every month. Their philosophy is that they only release a new fragrance every 10 years. According to Chanel’s marketer, Jean Hoehn, the main reason is not to confuse consumers, they would know what to expect from Chanel. I think this is one of the reasons why I had to try for myself a Chanel fragrance. I just thought that their fragrance are classic and it has this stability that commands the entire perfume business. Not to mention that the price is expensive compared to other brands, Chanel’s line of perfume has this simplicity, originality and class. That is why I

thought I really have to have one bottle of any Chanel perfume.

The bottle looked the same as those previously released fragrances which would date back as early as 1970’s. This has been the signature look for Chanel which I suppose many brands aptly copied. I know of a particular brand who consistently creates the same look for his perfume yet only changing the color of the liquid and the name. There is nothing to say about the appearance except that it oozes with modesty and yet displays authority. I had this great feeling about the look. I don’t go for too much when it comes to appearance. I am more on the scent anyway.

Vetiver is noticeable during the first spray. It smells like soft lemon and it transcends soft floral fragrance. I can sense violet and tobacco ...

• in it. The combination of rose and jasmine also makes the segue soft but irresistible. Aldehydes are very pretty and it stands in its own. It also gives you the freshness that you expect but with the combination in this perfume, I think it stood out. Then I can sense sandalwood at the base. Making the dry down physically demanding. The scent over all is floral woody musk. There are lots of scents with this classification which really stood out to be graceful floral scents like 212 Men by Carolina Herrera. Both Sycomore and 212 Men have tobacco as their notes. What I like about the smell in Sycomore is its strength. It is particular when it mixes with other notes. It gives you energy and power but the underlying effect is mild. You really will like
        it because it has this scheming odor which really gives the correct description for the modern woman. The smell is very unique in the sense that it gives you a mark and does not forget about it. It also makes you remember about the scent as Sycomore and not associate it with something else. There is the woody texture which other will mistake it as masculine but for me I like it. Usually people mistake its strength as a masculine perfume but it is the essence of Chanel. Most of their perfume are mild yet it really endures even as the day sets. This is something that you should expect from Sycomore. The scent over all is feminine because the dominance of floral notes. It stirs delicacy and prettiness from the first spray to the dry down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56110854520731/k2311a101/10.1.09