Nematocide De-Worming Solution for Dogs  » Pets  »
2.3
  • I bought this deworming solution because the shop had run out of deworming tablets
  • The shop proprietor, himself a proud owner/breeder of dogs, recommended it as a cost-effective alternative
  • I wasn't too fond of the idea of trying a product that I hadn't heard of before on the dogs but since the only other alternative is to go to the pet store about half an hour's drive away, I decided to try the product
  • I thought it was the generic name and looked further for the brand name
  • However, if you have mid- to large-sized dogs, best stick to a reliable deworming tablet so you can avoid the mess and the inconvenience of measuring this product

• by Heloise

I bought this deworming solution because the shop had run out of deworming tablets. The shop proprietor, himself a proud owner/breeder of dogs, recommended it as a cost-effective alternative. I wasn’t too fond of the idea of trying a product that I hadn’t heard of before on the dogs but since the only other alternative is to go to the pet store about half an hour’s drive away, I decided to try the product.

I checked out the box that contained the bottle of the solution and it was marked, ‘Nematocide’. I thought it was the generic name and looked further for the brand name. There wasn’t any — Nematocide was indeed the name of the product. Since I trusted the shop owner, I came home with a bottle of this de-worming solution.

Why I like it Nematocide comes in

liquid form, so it’s a good product to use with very young dogs, such as pups. It can also be mixed with food or administered directly through the mouth. It comes with a dropper and stickers you can use for your pet’s deworming chart.

Since I kept a chart for each of the dogs (courtesy of the vet that we go to for vaccines and checkups), I was able to keep track of the date I administered the deworming solution to our pets. This came in handy because after years of taking care of dogs, I know that worms inevitably get into their system and that if you do not remedy the condition immediately, the dogs end up suffering the consequences.

As the dogs’ human, I suffer too, since I have to clean up after them. And let me ...

• tell you it can get messy if the dog is infested with worms. I was very thankful I found this liquid de-worming solution because at the time, we had young pups. I simply measured enough solution into the dropper, opened the dogs’ mouths or slipped the dropper on the inside of their cheeks and squeezed. The dogs were protected for at least 3 months. It was that simple.

I’m not sure if the dogs liked the taste. Nematocide has a sweet, citrusy smell and I had to squirt some extra lechon sauce to cover for it each time I mixed it with the food. It does, however, work very well to keep worms away from beloved pets.

What I don’t like It’s in liquid suspension form, so it can get messy to administer, particularly for a pet struggling to get away.

It may be cheaper than a deworming tablet but it also requires careful measurement of the syrup to ensure correct dosage. For every kilogram body weight of the dog, you’ll need to give 1mL. So if your dog weighs 5 kilos, you need to give 5mL of Nematocide.

Will I recommend it?

Yes, especially for pet owners who have puppies as young as 2 weeks. Works well with dogs up to 12 weeks of age and for small to mid-sized dogs. You’ll need a bigger dropper if you want to give the medication to bigger dogs more efficiently. It’s also a good alternative in case you run out of deworming tablets.

However, if you have mid- to large-sized dogs, best stick to a reliable deworming tablet so you can avoid the mess and the inconvenience of measuring this product. Nematocide is manufactured by Croesus Pharma.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29110854310631/k2311a101/10.1.09