Golden Cowrie Restaurant (SM Cebu Branch)  » Restaurants  »
1.0
SM City Mall, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Philippines 6000
  • I've been in this restaurant only once and I am not planning to come back due to my bad experience while dining there
  • The rest of the foods tasted okay, and nothing impressed me at all
  • I won't recommend this restaurant to anyone I know

• by blessycas

I’ve been in this restaurant only once and I am not planning to come back due to my bad experience while dining there.

I usually go to SM Mall in Cebu to shop and one time while shopping with my family, we got hungry so we decided to choose a restaurant to eat. Actually, Golden Cowrie Restaurant was not our first choice because they serve Filipino foods, which we always cook and eat at home. But since my sister was complaining of leg pain because of

too much walking, we decided to dine in this restaurant because it was the closest to go from where we were shopping.

Upon entering the restaurant, the place looked cozy and inviting due to the lighting and the way individual tables were designed. The look was very Filipino-like with native style. At first glance, I liked the place and so did my family. I said, “Oh, well let’s give it a shot. Maybe their food tastes as appealing to this restaurant’s look”.

The price in the food menu ...

• was very affordable. For six people we paid around 1,500 Philippine pesos. We ordered different kinds of food and ate together. When I tasted the food, I have the impression that some of them are not fully-cooked, such as the chicken pandan. I knew because my mom is a good cook and this was one of her specialties. The rest of the foods tasted okay, and nothing impressed me at all. There was nothing unique in the food upon trying which I expected in restaurant-cooked foods.
        At least I was hoping we could get something back out of the money we payed at the restaurant.

The worst part happened when I got home few hours later. I had bad runs (diarrhea) which lasted for a day! Ugh! I swear I won’t go back to that place again and I didn’t ever since. The money I spent on the food wasn’t worth it and the discomfort I suffered from eating half-cooked food isn’t that pleasant either.

I won’t recommend this restaurant to anyone I know. Never!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7110854250631/k2311a101/10.1.09