Little Miss Sunshine movie  » Movies  »
  • By the end of the movie, I have to admit that I laughed and even teared up a few times

• by Bartleby
      When I saw the trailer for this film, I knew it fit my sense of humor - somewhat dark but also a little bit slapstick. All the film’s actors turn in excellent performances, but Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin, and Steve Carell are especially strong in their respective roles as failed self-help speaker, heroin-addicted raunchy grandpa, and

embittered gay intellectual uncle. As you follow this utterly dysfunctional family on their roadtrip to a small beauty pageant in California that little Olive has entered, you get to watch their eccentricities in action and you share a number of both touching and hilarious moments with this bizarre family. Even though parts of the plot ...

• are hard to believe, the characters are so real and honest in their actions that you just go along with it. By the end of the movie, I have to admit that I laughed and even teared up a few times. I cannot think of the last movie that ended before I was ready for
        it to end, but you grow to like these people so much that you’re almost reluctant to leave them behind at the theatre. So, what you notice first is the humor, but what stays with you is the way these people find a way to make human connections with each other and find common ground as a screwed-up family.

Little Miss Sunshine movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11220885411031/k2311a0822/8.22.06