Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse  » Hardware  »
  • Various brands are available in the market but I prefer Microsoft and Logitech
  • So I decided to buy a simple and cheap mouse that can fulfill my needs and last longs
  • So before using it I was impressed by looks
  • The thing I like about Logitech mouse is that it fits in hand very easily

• by ankgol

Mouse is very important part of computer. You can’t imagine working on computer without mouse. Various brands are available in the market but I prefer Microsoft and Logitech. From past 8 years I have changed 4 mice (2 by Microsoft and 2 by Logitech). The last mouse I used was Logitech optical mouse and I am reviewing this mouse here. I like Logitech keyboard and mouse. There are lots of varieties in market. New trend is to buy wireless mouse, laser mouse and vibrating one. I don’t want them because they are expensive and they are of no use. Why I need wireless mouse when I sit at my desk whole day. So I decided to buy a simple and cheap mouse that can fulfill my needs and last longs.

The packaging is very excellent and it looks very well in box. The color of the mouse is blue with Logitech logo on it and buttons are of

silver color. Wheel of the mouse is of dark blue color sitting in middle of those buttons. This combination of colors looks great. The mouse is lightweight because it is made of plastic and even bottom of the mouse is made of transparent plastic. You can see the whole circuit through this. You can see a light in small hole. Actually this infrared beam and this beam control the cursor according the movement of mouse. So before using it I was impressed by looks. Now next thing is to install the mouse. They provide software with the package, which is very easy to install. If you don’t know the procedure user manual is there to help you. Procedure is described with lots of diagrams. There are two buttons and wheel in the mouse. The third hidden button is wheel. You need to press the wheel to use it. Actually this button can be used to do different tasks.

• You can choose those tasks according to your need. I use this button to scroll web pages and document files. I also use it to open the links from any web page in new tab. Just click the wheel button and on the link and this link will open in new tab of browser.

Rotating the mouse is far better from any other mouse. The good thing is that is glides easily on desk but I always use mouse pad, which makes it easier to rotate it. But anyway if you don’t use mouse pad it will work for you. If we don’t use mouse pad the table and bottom of the mouse will get scratched. Don’t worry the red light works on most of the surfaces. Now talk about left and right buttons of the mouse. They are very soft to press but clicking sound is very frustrating. Whenever we press those buttons it sound like click and

frustrates me a lot. The thing I like about Logitech mouse is that it fits in hand very easily. The buttons are positioned in such a way that you don’t feel pain using it. You can put your thumb at side and you’re your fingers on those two buttons. Unlike other mouse it curves in all directions very smoothly. This reason is that the shape of the mouse is symmetrical. In the control panel you can choose which cursor to use. You can also control the speed of rotating the mouse. All this can be done using software they provide.

I used this mouse for 3 years and afterwards I got bored with mouse. Although warranty period is 5 years but I replaced this mouse with another Logitech mouse in 3 years. Well 3 years is also a long time. I never faced any problem with it. It worked well for me and lasts very long time in such a cheap price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33110854080631/k2311a101/10.1.09