John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Shampoo
  • I love John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde Highlighting Activating Shampoo, because it really lives up to the promises it makes - to brighten blonde hair, whether natural or bleached

• by jeanne71

I love John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde Highlighting Activating Shampoo, because it really lives up to the promises it makes - to brighten blonde hair, whether natural or bleached. It claims to refresh your colour, cleansing your hair of any residues that make it look dull, making your highlights glisten and moisturizing your hair at the same time. These darkening residues may be caused by chlorine in the swimming pool, traffic pollution or a build-up of conditioning product for example.

This product is widely available and is currently retailing at Tesco for £4.67 for a 250ml tube. Sainsbury’s have it on sale at the moment at the price of £3.11. I am sure if you search on

the internet you will find a bargain somewhere. There are two varieties of this product, one for darker blondes and one for lighter blondes.

The effective ingredients are; natural lemon peel, chamomile and sunflower seed extracts. There is no bleach in this product and it does not contain any colourants. I already knew that lemon and chamomile were natural brighteners for blonde hair as I used to read up a lot about natural beauty remedies, but I do know that squeezing lemon juice on your hair and going out in the sun in summer can be somewhat drying, although it does bring out your highlights. Blonde hair that is dry like straw is not ...

• a good look and so the beauty of this product is that it is a particularly moisturizing way to brighten your blonde hair.

The natural colour of my hair is dark blonde with grey at the temples and I currently have no colour on it all, although I do need to get that sorted out! Now, I love the natural colour of my hair in the summertime (not the grey bits though), because the sun will quickly bring out lots of natural highlights. Unfortunately, in the winter my hair goes a very mousy shade and I love using this product to give it a boost.

Firstly, this shampoo is very softening and leaves my hair feeling very silky.

For best results, it should be used along with the conditioner in the same range, but even if you use a different conditioner, the results of this shampoo will be evident.

I love the effect this has on the colour of my hair too. Where the light hits it, my hair does actually glisten and it has a silky sheen to it. It looks very pretty actually. My grey hairs look a bit more like silver than grey and they glisten too. As I said before, this product is suitable for both natural blondes and bleach blondes. It smells pretty good too. I am really pleased with it as I am sure you will be.

Maggie says :

The sheer blonde shampoo, fried my hair completely. It started coming out in clumps in the shower. It is dry and breaking off at the root. I had to cut off several inches of the dead hair. I look like I had chemo. My towels are starting to bleach out from it. They need a warning label or something like that. I am beside myself and hope that my hair will come back healthy,.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31110854010631/k2311a101/10.1.09