Clinique Water Therapy Moisture Glove Hand Cream
  • I have noticed the signs of ageing on my hands lately, so I thought I had better start looking after them as I had never used hand creams regularly before
  • The first day I used it, I found that I was subconsciously stroking my hands as they felt so velvety

• by jeanne71

Clinique’s Water Therapy Moisture Glove Hand Cream was recommended to me by the assistant at the Clinique counter in Debenhams. I wanted a really effective hand cream to help my hands recover from years of not bothering to wear rubber gloves when I do the washing up for example. I have noticed the signs of ageing on my hands lately, so I thought I had better start looking after them as I had never used hand creams regularly before.

This product costs £15 for a 100ml tube and contains Vitamins E and C and something called ‘Activated Birch Water’ which is supposed to make it more easily absorbed. It claims to make hands soft and provide a protective barrier which works even after getting your hands wet. It claims to be more high-tech than your average

hand cream to produce results akin to the most expensive face moisturizers.

I initially only used a small amount because it is quite expensive by my standards and I wanted to make it last, but that didn’t seem to have much effect so I applied a bit more to make my hands feel soft. The feel of the cream is very pleasant and is actually quite similar to my expensive face moisturizer. It sinks in easily and leaves no greasiness at all. I am just left with very soft hands.

This product certainly is different to any other hand cream I have used. The softness in my hands is dramatically different and they actually feel like my hands did when I was a girl. The first day I used it, I found that I was subconsciously stroking my hands ...

• as they felt so velvety. This is a bit hard to describe but, the softness feels like it is your natural skin, and not the result of a cream. After a few hours, I find I needed a top-up to retain that lovely softness.

If you get your hands wet, you become aware that there is a slightly waxy film on your skin. With your average hand cream, it would wash off with any water and you would need to re-apply, but this waxy film indicates that the product is still working, although I didn’t particularly like that waxy, slightly greasy feeling.

With continued use over about a week, the dry patches and redness had cleared up and my hands were visibly in better condition.

In summary, this product is a very effective softener, and it does provide a protective barrier

even when you get your hands wet. That said, I did get through the tube as quickly as one of the cheaper brands I have used in the past and so I find this product too expensive for me. A little does not go a long way. I also wasn’t too keen on that waxy feeling if I get my hands wet walking in the rain for example. Since I finished the tube, I have been using a cheaper brand which does not have the dramatic instant softness but is still effective enough to give a good result. If you can afford it, and if you put your hands in water a lot, this product would be excellent for you. It would also make a lovely present. Personally it is a bit too expensive for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31110853890631/k2311a101/10.1.09