Ange Ou Demon Le Secret by Givenchy ( For Women ) perfume  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • There is always this elation that I experience whenever I see perfumes
  • I think that was one of the most creative advertisements for perfume
  • I like how it was portrayed but sadly the conversations were in French
  • It was not elegantly styled, I thought it did not have the notability that stood out
  • Fortunately what I bought was just a 50 ml bottle

• by erykah

I was shopping for a birthday gift for my niece at one time during my connecting flight in Hong Kong. I purposely stayed there and decided to take the trip for Cebu the next day. Then while scouting various baby essentials, I passed by the perfume section. There is always this elation that I experience whenever I see perfumes. In my line of work, my wardrobe is foremost important to me and so is the scent that I am wearing. It is my philosophy that with the scent that I am wearing, it would make a difference in the kind of style I am into. I have various scents for various activities. Apart from that I also like

collecting various perfumes.

This perfume was released early this year with Uma Thurman as their face. The advertisement giggled me. I think that was one of the most creative advertisements for perfume. It was something not sensual but comical plus Uma Thurman was just infectious. I like how it was portrayed but sadly the conversations were in French. This is not surprising because Givenchy is a French brand. The box was colored in white with hints of light peach and the bottom part was peach. The name of the perfume was written like it was a cheap perfume from Saigon. Not until you can see Givenchy on the bottom part will you say that this is a designer ...

• scent. The bottle was exquisite but I was lost with the logo of the scent. It is not coherent to Givenchy’s style.

It was not elegantly styled, I thought it did not have the notability that stood out. As I’ve said my imagination while looking at it was reminiscent of imitation scents which has low class value.

The top notes were of great combination. They were lemon and tea. The first spray was like those green tea flavored drinks which has lemon as one of its flavors. It was light and very becoming. Then the middle notes were peony and jasmine. Then woodsy notes and patchouli was for the base. The entire scent is obviously floral having rich floral

notes on it.

I like the notes combined because it was light but the scent in general was somewhere else. I would attribute what I smelled like a famous lavender-based body wash. The scent is similar with other fragrance that is already out in the market. If not in perfumes you can smell it from cosmetics. I was in deep frustration to notice that the smell did not give a wonderful twist in the entire concoction. Yes it is from Givenchy but poorly I would say the smell does not have the French attitude of sophistication or intricate embellishment. This is surprising and really awful. I would not go for this. Fortunately what I bought was just a 50 ml bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56110853850631/k2311a101/10.1.09