The Simpsons: Homer the Whopper
2.5
  • But, overall, this wasn’t a terrible episode and I would definitely watch it again if I had the opportunity to do so

• by Steve

One of the shows we ended up watching Sunday night was the Simpson’s season premiere “Homer the Whopper. ” This one wasn’t too bad of an episode even though I do think the newer episodes just don’t seem to live up to the older ones.

Homer gets a chance to play a superhero

in a new movie; based on a character created by Comic Book Guy; Everyman.

And, even though he is cast because his out-of-shape form fits the Everyman character perfectly, he is convinced to get into peak physical condition for the movie with the help of a personal trainer.

However, when the personal ...

• trainer leaves, he finds himself eating again and the movie has to go on even though he no longer fits into his costume.

The show had some funny moments.

I especially liked the scene where Homer and Marge are together in the bedroom and the button pops off his pants; knocking her

unconscious.

My daughter was watching that and didn’t stop laughing for several minutes.

The fact the movie bombs at the end was a bit predictable and I’m not sure I liked the ending.

But, overall, this wasn’t a terrible episode and I would definitely watch it again if I had the opportunity to do so.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103009853340330/k2311a0930/9.30.09