Asia Specialties Crispy Noodle Shrimp
  • The meal wasn’t overly filling (despite us having several sides) but it was definitely unique and I would have it again
  • This is a product I would recommend if your local Aldi sells it

• by Steve

My wife did some shopping at our local Aldi the other day and picked up some much needed groceries for our house. As she was asked to do, she looked for some items that were somewhat different than what we normally would have for dinner.

One of those items was Crispy

Noodle Shrimp from the brand Asia Specialties.

When she bought the box, she figured the shrimp (which is covered in oriental noodles similar to what you might put on Chow Mein) was jumbo shrimp and there would only be about 5 in the box.

It turns out it was slightly smaller ...

• shrimp and there were 14; enough for each of us to have 7.

Of course, the fact they weren’t jumbo shrimp was a bit of a disappointment when we were expecting that (at least they weren’t popcorn shrimp).

The shrimp was fantastic.

The noodles added a crunch and the shrimp itself

was fresh tasting and full of flavor.

The meal wasn’t overly filling (despite us having several sides) but it was definitely unique and I would have it again.

This is a product I would recommend if your local Aldi sells it.

Just buy more than one box if there’s more than one person eating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273009853320330/k2311a0930/9.30.09