The Cleveland Show  » TV  »
2.0
  • The show had some funny moments but I have to say it really wasn’t what I was expecting

• by Steve

My family has been watching the show Family Guy for some time now (at least until our 5-year-old started repeating some of the stuff she shouldn’t have and we took a break from it) so we were interested when we learned there was going to be a spin-off starring one of

the popular characters; Cleveland, the black guy who is a bit on the slow side. The first episode of The Cleveland Show was on Sunday night and had Cleveland taking his 14-year-old son with him to California only to be side-tracked and start a new life in Virginia. The show had ...

• some funny moments but I have to say it really wasn’t what I was expecting. Let’s put it this way, it’s essentially Family Guy, only with a black family. You have all the same elements as Family Guy, just a few different characters and a different location, and there really isn’t
        anything special about it. I just can’t see how this show is going to last past its first season; unless Fox plans on canceling Family Guy and people need something to get that fix. Basically Family Guy had to sacrifice a popular reoccurring character for a show that, so far, is a big disappointment.

The Cleveland Show

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103009853310330/k2311a0930/9.30.09