Sweet Dreams (2009): Beyonce
  • Needless to say, I think Sweet Dreams is perhaps the only decent song from her new album thus far

• by Stephen Filippelli

Artist: Beyonce Video: “Sweet Dreams” Album: I Am… Sasha Fierce Label: Columbia Director: Adria Petty

Beyonce ditches the black and white cinematography formula for color once again ( as she did for “Halo”). I’m not sure if a dream with Beyonce would be a nightmare or a sweet dream, it depends - If it has anything to do with her music, it would be a straight up nightmare but if it involves her and her freakum dress alone, then that would be one heck of a sweet dream

if you ask me. Needless to say, I think “Sweet Dreams” is perhaps the only decent song from her new album thus far. It’s dark, it’s electropop, and it’s extremely catchy.

“Sweet Dreams” is the sixth single and music video (following “If I Were A Boy”, “Single Ladies - Put a Ring On It”, “Diva”, “Halo”, and “Ego”) from Beyonce’s third album titled “I Am… Sasha Fierce”. “Sweet Dreams” begins with Beyonce struggling to sleep while in bed as a lullaby plays in the background. Suddenly, she is ...

• levitated off the bed and into her dream which consists of joining her two favorite female back-up dancers in the desert, all decked out in expensive black outfits. Next thing you know, Beyonce is wearing a one shouldered mini-dress, then she’s got another hooker-ish outfit, and another. She even dons a gold robot suit at one point (I guess she has a thing for C-3PO). All of this dress-changing is coupled with Beyonce smashing mirrors among other strange dream-like imagery.

Although “Sweet Dreams” is a fascinating track and

dance tune, that’s not to say that its music video counterpart is not present without Beyonce’s endless desire to flaunt her arrogance by donning such items as $36,000 diamond nails (during one scene). Can you imagine if the whole world was like this? ‘Well I gotta go drive my $50,000 car to work now so let me hang up on this $200 cell phone, oh and by the way, would you mind returning my $15 pen and my $2000 iMac laptop when you’re done with them?’ How pathetic and sad that would be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143009853230330/k2311a0930/9.30.09