Pepto-Bismol Chewables  » Medicine  »
  • The tablets, although a bit chalky to taste, were easy to chew and swallow

• by Jessie Bahrey

When I am suffering from stomach and digestive upset, especially while traveling when you don’t have a medicine cabinet at your disposal, I occasionally cannot wait for some medicines to work. When I am this feeling this poorly, I also have trouble swallowing pills or even any liquids. These are the occasions when Pepto-Bismol Chewables come in very handy. I first bought them several years ago while traveling in Morocco and this was the only stomach medicine that was available at the store in Marrakech. I didn’t really care at this point, although I had been looking for Imodium,

so I just grabbed the only medication that looked vaguely familiar. It wasn’t until I opened the package that I saw that it contained chewable tablets, and I was unsure if they would work, but by this point, I was unable to keep anything down. The tablets, although a bit chalky to taste, were easy to chew and swallow. And although it took over a half an hour to work, I did start feeling like I might live, and after taking two more, I finally was able to continue site-seeing.

Since that time, I make sure that I have these ...

• tablets in my purse, particularly while traveling; I generally have some in my purse with me at all times, some at home and some in my vehicle. My husband also has some in his desk at work and in his briefcase. I find that they do work, usually within 20 minutes, without completely shutting down your digestive system like Imodium does. I also find that I can take them without any side-effects, like being constipated the next day, which is important when you are trying to recover from food poisoning or general digestive issues. The chewable tablets mean that
        you needn’t worry about finding water to swallow them, and I find that if I am very ill, I cannot drink water anyway, so these are the perfect solution.

I usually buy a package of 48 tablets for around $5, and I make sure I never run out. I also suffer from IBS, and this solution helps with my prescription medication as well-they seem to make the Dicetel work faster. I don’t know if that is because the Pepto calms things down and allows the prescription to work better, but I do know that they work together when things are bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263009852830230/k2311a0930/9.30.09