McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger  » Food  »
  • But it's probably the heartiest and most filling thing you can get on the dollar menu, and the taste is pretty good, all things considered

• by Bartleby
      Because I’m a cheapskate who sometimes resorts to counting change and heading to the Golden Arches for the $1 value menu, I have become a seasoned eater of the double cheeseburger at McDonald’s. In the last year, I have probably had about 80 of them, usually two at a time.

At first, I wasn’t a fan, but then I realized that the offending element was the chopped onion, as they’re rarely spread evenly and they don’t add much in the way of flavor.

Instead, they just endow the burger with a creepy texture.

I order all my double cheeseburgers without ...

• onions and without mustard.

Sometimes the employee looks at me in a confused way, even though they are trained to handle special orders.

At any rate, the cheese has that standard processed feel and the meat is the usual sketchy, skinny McDonald’s hamburger.

But it’s probably the heartiest and

most filling thing you can get on the dollar menu, and the taste is pretty good, all things considered.

I’d rather have a double cheeseburger than a Big Mac.

I don’t know how long this item will stay on the $1 value menu, so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27220885261031/k2311a0822/8.22.06