Metro Rail transport  » Railway  »
Delhi, India
  • This transport is also the best as it does not get affected by rains, storms and traffic jams I am a regular user of Metro Rail for the last few years, since its operations in Delhi
  • I have also noticed no eve teasing in the Delhi Metro, which makes it too safe for the female passengers
  • On one occasion, due to great rush at the platform, I thought that I would not be able to board the arriving train, but as the train stopped the deputed marshals took due care in helping people to be aligned while boarding and de-boarding, simultaneously
  • I like the system of tokens used for the Metro, making it a very advanced train network and the four-minute frequency does not need one to wait for long durations
  • I would definitely like here to request men to give seats to ladies and elderly even if the seat is not reserved for them

• by ascribe

The Metro Rail Transport in Delhi is really to be praised due to its efficiency.

Gone are the bad days of limited modes of transport for the people of Delhi. The Delhi people only had the option of traveling in overcrowded DTC buses to their places of work everyday. Such was the situation that one was scared to travel by these buses that even had the presence of pickpockets and eve-teasers. The other modes like auto rickshaw proved to be costly yet not comfortable for daily journeys.

With the coming of Delhi Metro Rail, the traveling scenario has totally changed for the people of Delhi. For a little more of fare, one can travel in the

air-conditioned comfort of the Delhi metro. This transport is also the best as it does not get affected by rains, storms and traffic jams

I am a regular user of Metro Rail for the last few years, since its operations in Delhi.

I do not usually get a seat to sit but still find the travel as comfortable due to the extremely effective air-conditioning system. I have also noticed no eve teasing in the Delhi Metro, which makes it too safe for the female passengers.

I have to appreciate the cleanliness on the platforms and inside the trains too.

On one occasion, due to great rush at the platform, I thought that I would not be ...

• able to board the arriving train, but as the train stopped the deputed marshals took due care in helping people to be aligned while boarding and de-boarding, simultaneously. The people of Delhi, it seems to me have also started behaving more decently than ever before while using these trains.

I like the system of tokens used for the Metro, making it a very advanced train network and the four-minute frequency does not need one to wait for long durations. The frequency of the trains is to increase as new trains are added to the system.

The manual body checking and the scanning of bags by hi-tech x-ray machines at the stations makes it an even

safest mode of transport in the city.

But I have often seen ladies standing while men sitting on the seats meant for ladies. I would definitely like here to request men to give seats to ladies and elderly even if the seat is not reserved for them.

One day as people were boarding the train, the door closed and a person was stuck mid-way. I saw that the doors reopened automatically, rescuing the stuck person immediately. Such a nice technology!

I advise you to surely travel once as the Metro Rail network nearly covers every part of the city by surface, underground and overhead ways. The network is fast expanding to cover the whole of the city within a few years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 442909852131230/k2311a0929/9.29.09