Globe provider  » Cellular services  »
0.5
  • Now, I love my phone, I value communication
  • Unfortunately, I already know and have done everything they tell me
  • Or better yet, have NTC review how Globe handles the issues brought up by subscribers to them, check how Globe resolves each and every issue, check if their customer service is really for the customers, or if the people of Globe can still stand from their bed of money

• by sharp_pen

Customer service, this is Globe’s (a cell phone network and service provider in the Philippines) main life in their business. Without their customers, the business will end, or in other terms, NO MONEY!

As an individual, I have also tried other service providers. The truth is, I switched to Globe to be different, before, as most people I knew were into a different provider. I have been a customer of Globe for more than five years now. I am not rich, so I only use the prepaid service. Being a very loyal person, I only considered Globe when I needed to get a broadband service. I have had very bad experiences with their telecommunications service before, sudden lost of prepaid loads that were not returned, lost of coverage during their downtimes, and very, very bad customer service. However, I’m still with Globe.

1. A lot of load on my broadband device was consumed for NOTHING. I called customer service countless times, emailed them more than 3 times, even joined their getsatisfaction scheme of customer service, and after almost 2 months, STILL NOTHING. Every time I call, I would ask for a supervisor, and they

ALWAYS PROMISED CALLBACKS, I never received one. In fact, I informed one of them about it, and they told me that they were trying to reach me; unfortunately my phone was EITHER OUT OF COVERAGE OR TURNED OFF. Now, I love my phone, I value communication. I always make sure my phone is always ON since we really can’t tell when emergencies come.

Also, I always have signal, I am in Metro Manila (DUH!!!). Second, I am in love with my phone. I’m always holding it. When my hands are busy, I make sure it’s in front of me. I even take it inside the bathroom!

2. They have nice representatives. Yes, nice.

I can’t be mean at them as they are only doing their job. They’d give me tips on how to resolve network or connection issues. Unfortunately, I already know and have done everything they tell me. Whenever I make a follow up, they inform me that MY CONCERN has been forwarded to a different department or upper management. I was wondering, I only need a good explanation, and no one can answer it. I tried throwing questions why the service is ...

• having problems. The answer? GLOBE IS HAVING A MAINTENANCE PERFORMED TO PROVIDE BETTER SERVICE.

I received this answer five years ago. I’m still receiving this same reason. 3. For broadband, I am able to connect every morning, from 6:15 to 8:30 am, and every afternoon from 4:30 to 5:55. Sometimes, I can connect every 10:38 pm to 1:37 am. Aside from these hours, I have 0 kbps for download rate, and 0 kbps for upload rate. And I LIVE IN METRO MANILA!

For almost 2 months, I was seeking help from other people on the internet, and was surprised when I learned that most of them have been waiting for 4 or 5 months for response! I met someone who did not have a connection for 4 whole months before Globe helped him. A friend’s officemate has been calling Globe as she hasn’t been able to connect for two months now, still no assistance. 5. I WAS ONLY ASKING THEM FOR A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY GLOBE’S SERVICE IS SO POOR!

It tires me getting mad and frustrated. And it got worse when I turned on my TV and saw a whole lot of new advertisements

of Globe’s new services!

Globe has about 20 million subscribers, has had before, I don’t know now. Can they really provide service? Or should I even spell out the meaning of service?

1. It is part of Globe’s responsibility to assist their subscribers.

2. When a subscriber experiences difficulty, it is PROPER and Globe’s responsibility to provide solution, QUICKLY. 3. When an issue arises, it should be resolved, even it if means having to call a supervisor, or manager. 4. When a call back is promised, DO MAKE A CALLBACK. 5.

Please don’t use NATIONWIDEST, if there’s an unreadable “*in selected places” script below every TV or paper ad. 6. When Senator Enrile spoke of sudden lost of load, they immediately acted. Globe even sent him their lawyer! Do I need to be a senator to be noticed?

Is National Telecommunications Commission aware of these flaws in service? Or maybe NTC needs to be stricter. Or maybe Globe can simply truly provide service. Or better yet, have NTC review how Globe handles the issues brought up by subscribers to them, check how Globe resolves each and every issue, check if their customer service is really for the customers, or if the people of Globe can still stand from their bed of money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222909851681230/k2311a0929/9.29.09