American Apparel Shop in Barcelona  » Shopping  »
Calle Avinyó n 7, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
  • They have really simple collections, plain colors and basic pieces, no fancy designs, but I love their taste, I like the simplicity of their collections
  • Good clothes, good shopping experience and affordable price

• by Herbert Quain

The American Apparel shop in Barcelona is the only one in Spain. It has most of the things that you can see in the internet catalogue on their web site which is quite complete, you can shop on-line, check store location, apply for a job etc…

The shop is well distributed, you don’t want to go there on a saturday afternoon because it will probably be crowded, as it is situated in one of the most trendy quarters in Barcelona. I appreciate that they don’t have extra loud music on, and that the music is happy and lively

and not hardcore tech-no like in other fashion clothe shops.

All items are hanged so you can take a close look at them without having to unfold them and put them back in the shelf, creating a mess when there are too many costumers; so at least all the times I’ve been there it was tidy and well displayed for looking around without stress, also because fortunately, you don’t have shop assistants following you everywhere, which make me nervous.

• I like the simplicity of their collections; the cut out of the t-shirts and stuff fit wells and everything is designed to be comfortable. They also have some original items like a dress which can be wore in many different ways.

They have women, men and kids’s clothes, accessories and some extra products, like lip balsam or what I specially like, a collection of natural soaps. I’ve tried them and they work really good. They are toxic free and have nice smells, from mint to coconut or apricot.

Good clothes, good shopping experience and affordable price! But if

you come form US don’t buy clothes there! This is something I must comment on, because they don’t respect the prices when doing the conversion to euros, they just have a different price in euros which is more expensive. I now all brands work like that, and I understand that they have to compete in the different markets, but maybe it would be better if didn’t see that at the moment I’m buying. The labels are international and you can check all the prices clearly seeing that you are overpaying for the items, and that breaks a bit the excitement of shopping.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242909851641130/k2311a0929/9.29.09