Halo (2009): Beyonce
0.5

• by Stephen Filippelli

Artist: Beyonce Video: “Halo” Album: I Am… Sasha Fierce Label: Columbia Director: Philip Andelman

Allow me to present you the most annoying song of 2009 thus far - “Halo”, the fourth single and music video from the world’s most beloved hooker Beyonce (following “If I Were A Boy”, “Single Ladies”, and “Diva”) off of her third album “I Am… Sasha Fierce”. Beyonce throws some

color into her filmography this time around with music video director Philip Andelman, branching away from the three black and white predecessors. “Halo” stars Beyonce Knowles and actor Michael Ealy who plays her love interest.

“Halo” opens with a heavenly light shining on Beyonce who’s up against a wall near a window. We follow her through various parts of the house as the song ...

• progresses. At one point, Beyonce is donning her signature leotard while practicing some choreography in an empty dance studio as her love interest watches from above (”Hurry up and finish, girl, I’m gonna tap that like never before!”) - although this video (and “If I Were A Boy”) is not choreography-orientated like “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)” and “Diva”.

Another part of

the video has Beyonce underwater in slow motion in white clothing (so not only is Beyonce having cross-dressing fantasies and personality disorders, now she’s contemplating becoming a mermaid). The music video closes with Beyonce and Ealy lying down together, face to face, before fading out. I guess we won’t ever get to see the part where Jay-Z walks in the house and finds them like that three seconds later.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142809851560730/k2311a0928/9.28.09