Chicago Card Plus  » General services  »
1.5
  • The problem is that many, many of the touchpads in buses (and some in the train stations) do not work
  • The Chicago Card Plus is supposed to be convenient, and it's anything but that

• by Bartleby
      I was delighted at the prospect of simply touching a card against a special pad in order to be able ot use the trains and buses in Chicago, but the Chicago Card Plus does NOT work as stated. Luckily, I had no problems with the billing or linking it to my bank account for automatic refills.

The problem

is that many, many of the touchpads in buses (and some in the train stations) do not work.

Within one week of getting the Chicago Card Plus, I had three differenty negative experiences with the card not working on a CTA bus.

On two occasions, the driver just let me get on anyway, and the other time, I ...

• had to pay $2 in cash even though I had an unlimited ride pass and should never have to pay out of pocket.

I was always able to get the card to work at train stations, though sometimes it would take as many as 5 or 6 swipes - not much of a timesaver.

If anything, it just

annoyed the people behind me.

The Chicago Card Plus is supposed to be convenient, and it’s anything but that.

I went back to using a regular 7-day pass and now discourage everyone from buying the Chicago Card Plus.

It’s a great idea in theory, but of course, the CTA did not invest adequately in ensuring that it would work.

Sean says :

The Chicago Card is the biggest scam in Chicago. I had the Chicago Card for two months, it worked great the first month, then never worked again while they kept deducting $ 86 a month for the 30 day pass. I had to call my bank and have them deny Chicago Card anytime they tried to take any money out. I talked to numerous people and all were rude and terrible help. I emailed and was asked to call the number, which I would do again, and get another rude useless person. DONT GET IT

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25220885101031/k2311a0822/8.22.06