The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien  » Books  »
  • I haven’t read many novels in my life but whatever I read I found them good
  • Well I know this author when I saw the movie Lord of the Rings
  • I loved the movie so I decided to read novel written by Tolkien
  • In my opinion its exceptional and I never feel that they are dragging the story

• by ankgol

I am not fond of reading books and novels. I read some novels in my summer or winter vacation when I used to get bore. I haven’t read many novels in my life but whatever I read I found them good. One of them is The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Well I know this author when I saw the movie Lord of the Rings: fellowship of the ring. I came to know that the movie is an adoption of the novel Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I loved the movie so I decided to read novel written by Tolkien. I found The Hobbit in my college library and I came to know that this is related to Lord of the Rings. So finally I decided to read it.

This historic novel takes place in the imaginary world called middle earth. This great fairy tale is written very elegantly

and it slips the story in our mind without any strain. The Hobbit changes the appearance of our dream world into its magical land (middle earth). It draws our attention in the world that is imaginary, that never exists and which is unforgettable after reading this novel. It describes the imaginary characters called Hobbits. Hobbits are small compared to us and the main character of the novel is Bilbo Baggins. Other characters are Trolls, Monsters and orcs. Basically this novel tells the adventures of Bilbo Baggins. The character of this hobbit is very strong and describes the bravery of him. His character is developed very beautifully and shows the hidden secrets of him. Everyone can understand all characters very easily. Tolkien has described all the characters in a way that makes them believable.

This novel is suitable for everyone. For child its like great story in a dream and ...

• for adults it is like fantasy. Children may feel little bit scary while reading because some of the characters are described in that way. Even I can’t decide the genre in which this novel fits but it always fits in to fantasy, adventure and fairytale genre. Although the novel is imaginary but it doesn’t seems to be. While reading novel you will feel that you are living in that world. In the novel the dark forests and mountain ranges are described thoroughly. The pictures of all characters and land come in mind automatically because they are described in that way. The story is the soul of the novel. In my opinion its exceptional and I never feel that they are dragging the story. There are lots of adventures to keep you involve in the novel. You can’t stop reading once you have started it because story is consists of lots
        of excitements and twists. The writing is very simple so that any child can read this book. The number of difficult word used in the novel is very less which makes it easy to read.

After reading this I realized that I should grab a copy of it because I still love this book. I haven’t read Lord of the Rings yet but after reading it I feel that I will surely read this book. This book is like prelude of Lord of the Rings. Mostly all the characters of this book are used in Lord of the Rings. So if you have read LOTR and you want to know more about its characters you must read The Hobbit. This book can be read many times and every time it feels like I am reading a new novel. If you haven’t read this yet then you must read this great classic novel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172809850740630/k2311a0928/9.28.09