Fracture (2007)  » Movies  »
  • I enjoyed speculating about how Ted managed to fool everyone
  • The plot was very interesting, and it kept me guessing until the very end
  • So I would say Fracture is worth watching, but not the best movie I have seen

• by Opalina143

Fracture is a movie starring Anthony Hopkins. It is directed by Gregory Hoblit. In the first few minutes of the movie, we see Ted Crawford (an older man played by Anthony Hopkins) shoot his adulterous wife and causes her to fall into a coma. It turns out that the man she was having an affair with is the very same detective who is told to investigate the shooting. It seems like an open and shut case- the murder took place in Ted’s home, Ted owns a gun, his wife was

having an affair. The police expect a speedy conviction. Surprisingly, Ted elects to defend himself. As the trial begins, the case against him seems to fall apart. Ted’s gun is found not to have been fired, for example. We know that Ted committed the crime, but somehow he has managed to get away with it.

I enjoyed speculating about how Ted managed to fool everyone. In the end it all came together. I actually felt that Ted had been so smart he almost deserved to get away with the crime,

• which becomes murder after he has the doctors pull the plug on his wife. Only an intrepid lawyer stands between Ted and his getting away scott free. The plot was very interesting, and it kept me guessing until the very end.

Anthony Hopkins also did an excellent job portraying Ted Crawford.

The only drawback of the movie was that the character of the lawyer is not that realistic. He transforms from a selfish man to an altruistic man who cares deeply for Ted’s comatose wife and wants desperately to see Ted

convicted, but we have no idea why. His character’s changes make no sense, and it is hard to understand why he cares so much. For example, he is arrested for trying to stop the removal of the wife from the machine keeping her alive, but there is no reason for him to care- he doesn’t even know her. This was a major flaw of the movie.

I did enjoy the plot twists and the cleverness of the script, however. So I would say Fracture is worth watching, but not the best movie I have seen.

Fracture (2007)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112809850310530/k2311a0928/9.28.09