Leisure Horror Book Club
  • They are definitely not for the faint of heart
  • Sensitive readers may do well to avoid this book club
  • Although the novels cost 7.99 plus tax in stores, through the book club I get them both for 10.50, including shipping and handling- a big saving
  • So when you consider the low price, convenience of home delivery, and generally good quality of the books sent out, the Leisure Horror Book Club is excellent

• by Opalina143

Leisure is a publishing company. It publishes the Hard Case Crime Line, a Western line, a thriller line, and a horror line. Its sister company, Lovespell, publishes romance.

Leisure is best known for its horror books. The publishing company features such authors as Richard Laymon, Douglas Clegg, Edward Lee, and Jack Ketchum. While these authors are not well known to the general public, they are well known and respected among horror

fans. Many of them have won awards for their work, including the Bran Stoker award, the highest honor a horror writer can achieve.

I am a member of the Leisure horror book club, and I get two books sent to me every month. I have ten days to return them without paying, but I have never done so as I generally love the books. I have found most of them to ...

• be very entertaining and exciting. It is very enjoyable to receive two mystery books each month. It is like getting a present in the mail, which I eagerly unwrap to see what is inside. I am very seldom disappointed.

It should be noted that Leisure Horror books are frequently very graphic. They sometimes contain a great deal of violence as well as sexuality. They are definitely not for the faint of

heart. Sensitive readers may do well to avoid this book club.

Another great thing about the books is the price. Although the novels cost 7.99 plus tax in stores, through the book club I get them both for 10.50, including shipping and handling- a big saving. So when you consider the low price, convenience of home delivery, and generally good quality of the books sent out, the Leisure Horror Book Club is excellent.

Judy Commodore says :

re : So when you consider the low price, convenience of home delivery, and generally good quality of the books sent out, the Leisure Horror Book Club is excellent
    Please send me application for leisure HORROR book club by poatal mail. My address: 200 Parkway. Apartment 107, Kingston, Ontario. K7M 3E6

Karen Denison says :

Hi, I am a member of the book club and have been for some time. I haven`t received any books for about a month now and I was just wondering what was wrong? I know I am paid up on my bill and I am starting to go a little stir crazy not having anything to read.

Opalina143 replies :

You didn’t hear? They don’t have the book club anymore But they’re still publishing. They switched to ebooks. Now you can get their books through amazon. THe good thing is that they are much cheaper, like as low as $ 2.99. You can read the books on a kindle, but also with the kindle app on a smartphone, tablet, or even your desktop computer. But if you don’t want the ebook, you can still get the books- trade paperbacks, which are published a few weeks after the books come out on ebook. Unfortunately, they are more expensive, around ten dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172809850260530/k2311a0928/9.28.09