Balay Inasal restaurant  » Restaurants  »
G/F SM Marikina Mall, Marcos Highway, Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
  • I have seen them in malls, and I noticed that they seem to be packing their places during lunch, and so I tried it
  • I love to grill them in the beach because for some unknown reasons, the salty air makes it tastier
  • The best thing is I only paid about US$3 for the entire meal, and that with my usual can of Coke Zero
  • I like the fact that I can just sit in this restaurant, look back to the days I spent in Bacolod and relish them

• by TheAdvocate

Balay Inasal is a relatively new restaurant serving food that is uniquely from Bacolod. In Bacolod, balay means house while inasal means to grill. I noticed that they have grown so fast. I have seen several branches just mushroom all over the city. I do not know though if they have a branch in Bacolod, but I would not be surprised. I have seen them in malls, and I noticed that they seem to be packing their places during lunch, and so I tried it.

I admit I love anything that is grilled. The Philippines is composed of 7,100 islands and thus, has an abundant supply of seafood. I love to grill them in the beach because for some unknown reasons, the salty air makes it tastier. The Bacolodians have

cooked up a recipe for grilling which I could not duplicate. So I frequent restaurants serving Bacolod cuisine. There are only a few of them in Metro Manila, and so Balay Inasal has been one of those I have come to like. My favorite here is of course, their grilled thigh. I am one of those health freaks and so I favor the breast part. But I also like this because it seems to hold the taste the most of all the chicken parts. It is delicious paired with garlic rice. The best thing is I only paid about US$3 for the entire meal, and that with my usual can of Coke Zero.

I like the interiors of this restaurant. If you have been to Bacolod, you will see what I ...

• mean. It reminds of the restaurants in Bacolod City. I love Bacolod City, the pace is so soothing to someone like me who has been too citified by Metro Manila. I like the fact that I can just sit in this restaurant, look back to the days I spent in Bacolod and relish them. For some reason, most of their restaurants are kept dim even during lunch time. It is very soothing to me, sitting there just waiting for my food to be served.

The waiters and waitresses seem to hail from Bacolod too judging from the way they speak their native language when they talk to each other. If you are not familiar with Bacolodians, let me tell you that they are one of the most genial folks in

the country. They speak slowly, are very friendly and always have a smile on their faces. They are known for their hospitability. This is embodied by their staff, greeting you in the door and always on hand in case you need something. They are very patient, waiting for the diners to make-up their minds which to order. In all the times that I visited their establishment, I have never seen them pout at me or at diners who take their time to choose. I was particularly touched when one waitress came up to me when she noticed that I was sitting there all alone with my mouth hanging open (my idea of relaxing, by the way). She offered me some magazines.

Needless to say, I will keep coming back to this restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72809850071030/k2311a0928/9.28.09