DTC bus network  » Travel  »
Delhi, India
  • I have always found DTC as the best mode of transport in the city
  • I love traveling in these new buses with very comfortable sitting arrangements too and the conductor issues tickets at your seat itself

• by ascribe

The success of any city can be judged by the strength of the public transport system it has. Delhi has such a successful public transport system called the DTC that is used by lakhs of commuters daily to commute to their offices, and colleges.

DTC is Delhi Transport Corporation, a public transport system operating a huge fleet of buses in Delhi, connecting every nook and corner of the city to one another. This DTC has been running buses in Delhi since decades, for which

it has made bus shelters all over the city for the waiting passengers to have shade upon their head. The buses come and halt at these bus stands for the passengers.

Previously I used to go to different places in the city by my car but once used to DTC, I find it as an extremely economical option of commuting and moreover I do not have to strain my legs on the car pedals during long jams.

When I used to commute by my car, I got stuck up in the event of my car breakdown, but by the travel via DTC if the bus breaks down, I simply de-board and take another bus on the same route thus saving my day.

I have always found DTC as the best mode of transport in the city. Since my childhood days, I have been comfortably traveling in this fleet. I even used to go to my college in these buses only. I also find this transport option as the safest ...

• DTC bus network
      as it is owned by the government.

Previously these buses used to run on diesel but a few years back, the whole fleet has been changed to the eco-friendly fuel of CNG gas.

Recently low floor buses with automatic doors have been added to the fleet.

I love traveling in these new buses with very comfortable sitting arrangements too and the conductor issues tickets at your seat itself.

Sometimes I feel hot in these buses and then I wait for the red coloured air-conditioned bus,

as it is a very good option in scorching summer days. The price of the ticket in these AC buses is more than that of ordinary buses but the comfort makes it reasonable.

Whenever I travel by these DTC buses, I have a feeling to contributing towards non-pollution as these buses run on eco-friendly gases and that, in the event of using my car instead, I would have polluted the atmosphere many more times.

DTC now boasts of the largest CNG bus network in the world today.

“Hats off”, DTC.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382709849730530/k2311a0927/9.27.09