Kodak EasyShare 9.2 MP camera
0.5
  • A few years ago, I decided to start a home jewelry business
  • After attending a few craft shows and finding that my stock was liked by customers and affordable and people were purchasing, I thought it was time to get serious and create a website
  • Unfortunately, this EasyShare that I bought in no way compared to hers, and I'm not entirely sure what the difference was, save for a few functions her camera had that mine didn't
  • I was disappointed it took regular batteries and not a camera rechargable battery, but I was willing to overlook it, if the camera worked well
  • I'm no expert with cameras, but I'm not a complete novice either, and I know how to change the focus to solve problems like fuzzy pictures and the like

• by Anasuya

A few years ago, I decided to start a home jewelry business. I had been crafting for years and years and my husband started to convince me I should become a little more serious with it. After attending a few craft shows and finding that my stock was liked by customers and affordable and people were purchasing, I thought it was time to get serious and create a website. All too often, I had customers at these shows asking if I had business cards and an online site where they could direct their friends and family for future reference, especially around the holidays, and it was disappointing to them when I had no site to direct them to. My first area of concern, in creating a site, was the need for a decent camera, and since we couldn’t really afford one at the time, I knew I would have to take a cheap alternative. Taking close-up shots of jewelry is not only a time-intensive process, but it requires a camera with excellent macro capabilities.

But, my

husband found an ad in the local paper that showed a Koday EasyShare 9.2 mega pixel camera on sale for only $120, when it was originally priced at $199. I knew this was a deal I couldn’t pass up. My mother had a differen’t type of Kodak EasyShare, and we’ve used her camera before and loved it. It took great pictures, had a long battery life, and really did what it was meant to do. Unfortunately, this EasyShare that I bought in no way compared to hers, and I’m not entirely sure what the difference was, save for a few functions her camera had that mine didn’t.

>From the minute I took it out of the box, I was having problems with it. I was disappointed it took regular batteries and not a camera rechargable battery, but I was willing to overlook it, if the camera worked well. My mother-in-laws camera also takes regular batteries, and it worked fine. So, I popped in two batteries I had in a drawer and went to work. Except, it didn’t ...

• really work at all. I had a hard time, once turning it on, to get it to stay on. I turned it on, would go mess with the dial to test out a feature, and the whole thing would shut off on me. I figured it was a problem with the batteries, so I opened a brand new pack of batteries and popped them in, and I was still having the same problem. It wasn’t as consistent, but it was still there.

When the power wasn’t strangely turning off on a whim, the screen would go black without any warning, and I couldn’t do anything but just turn it off and turn it back on, only to be hassled with the power problem I was having from the beginning. I found that I had to wait a few minutes after turning it off before I could successfully turn it back on again, but again, I was having problems with the screen going black and having to start the process all over again. It was frustrating to say

the least, since I was excited to get to it and start taking pictures of my jewelry.

I’m no expert with cameras, but I’m not a complete novice either, and I know how to change the focus to solve problems like fuzzy pictures and the like. When I finally got it working well enough to take a picture, I would use the correct setting and take a close-up, only to have it outrageously fuzzy. Not good at all. And then, I would delete that picture and try it again, only to have the other two problems start acting up again!

Needless to say, after five hours messing with this camera, just to be able to take one lousy picture, I returned it to the store and got a refund. I was so discouraged at that point that I didn’t even want to exchange it and see if it was just a fluke. I ended up finding a $400 camera on sale at Best Buy for only $250, and it’s been wonderful ever since. Not a big fan of Kodak now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432709849690530/k2311a0927/9.27.09