ThermaCare Wraps for Neck  » Health  »
  • When I strained my neck a few days ago, sleeping funny on it, I decided to give the neck wraps a shot
  • I like the creams that ThermaCare and IcyHot release, but due to the smell, I can't very well apply it before heading off to work, and this is usually when I need it the most
  • The ThermaCare patch for the neck is nice because it's got a convenient buttefly type of shape that fits well around the upper shoulders and lower neck area, but you can also use them on the arm and wrist as well, though this confuses me because they say you shouldn't overlap the patch, which means you have to have a really fat wrist to keep this from happening
  • I was worried the adhesive would be too strong, and would cause burning by sticking too closely to the skin, but it was quite the opposite, and the major problem I had was the fact that the adhesive didn't seem to stick well enough

• by Anasuya

I recently tested out the ThermaCare air-activated wraps for my lower back pain, and they worked wonderfully, but they came on a band and had a tendency to bunch at the wasit and prove a little obnoxious with all the adjusting I had to do. When I strained my neck a few days ago, sleeping funny on it, I decided to give the neck wraps a shot. I was a little concerned about the adhesive used to stick the patch to the skin, because the band didn’t have this, so there was less chance of burn, but I figured it was probably worth a shot since it came with three patches for the same price as the two back bands I’ve already tried and knew they worked. I like the creams that ThermaCare and IcyHot release, but due to the smell, I can’t very well apply it before heading off to work, and this is usually when I need it the most.

I injured myself

only a few days before beginning my new job last year, and haven’t had any time since then to really recupperate from the injury. Short of physical therapy and an extended vacation from work, neither of which my family can afford, I have to help alleviate the discomfort by any and all means necessary and sometimes even my prescription pain medication and anti-inflammatories isn’t enough to get me through the day.

The ThermaCare patch for the neck is nice because it’s got a convenient buttefly type of shape that fits well around the upper shoulders and lower neck area, but you can also use them on the arm and wrist as well, though this confuses me because they say you shouldn’t overlap the patch, which means you have to have a really fat wrist to keep this from happening! But, aside from that, I appreciate the versatility in this product. There’s a “heat disc” inside the patch which contains iron, and this can be dangerous ...

• if it comes into contact directly with the skin, so you have to be careful the patch doesn’t catch on anything and is completely in one piece before applying, because the risk of burns increase otherwise.

This stayed warm for the full eight hours and then some. You aren’t supposed to use it for longer than 8 hours, but I have a feeling it would’ve worked well for at least another two hours. I was worried the adhesive would be too strong, and would cause burning by sticking too closely to the skin, but it was quite the opposite, and the major problem I had was the fact that the adhesive didn’t seem to stick well enough. Since I had to use this at work where I was always lifting and moving and twisting about, I needed something that would stay put better, and you aren’t recommended to put anything over it to hold it in place better, not that that would’ve been easy to

accomplish around the shoulders and lower neck like that, short of strangling yourself with an ace bandage to keep it on. But, aside from some problems with the adhesive, this actually worked really well. It’s still a little too expensive to invest in regularly, I actually DO spend the $8 every week and buy one pack of these. I use them during the days at work in which I’ll be working more than six hours, and it gets me through those days without a problem and I actually end up feeling really good the next day, because my muscles, despite all the work and movement, have been relaxed thanks to the heating elements in the product. I highly recommend it. I did get a little red, but I can get a little red using a heating pad, so that was no real surprise to me. But it wasn’t sore and didn’t hurt, so I chalk it up to a mild skin reaction. Love everything else about this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342709849650530/k2311a0927/9.27.09