CVS First Aid All-in-One Critical Supply Kit  » Medicine  »
  • I like having everything I might need for an emergency at my disposal and within arms reach
  • So, with all this in mind, over the years I've become addicted to buying convenient first aid kits of all kinds
  • When I was at CVS, I found their First Aid All-in-One kit
  • It had all types of different kinds of bandages, sterile gauze pads, alcohol pads, tweezers, scissors, medical tape, asprin, tylenol, instant cold pack, emergency blanket, burn ointments, disposable thermometers (which I thought was cool, but it would've been more practical to have a normal thermometer)
  • However, I paid only $20 for all these items, and you can actually find it on sale every once in a while for less than $15, and you simply can't buy the container and stuff to fill it for less than $75, so it's definitely a deal

• by Anasuya

I like kits. I like having everything I might need for an emergency at my disposal and within arms reach. If I go camping for a week, I don’t want to have to pack a bunch of individual items into some make-shift container. I want to be able to grab a kit and head out the door. When my kids were younger, and we’d go to the park or beach, I didn’t want to sift around my purse for a hodge podge of items that may or may not be what I really needed. So, with all this in mind, over the years I’ve become addicted to buying convenient first aid kits of all kinds. I tried putting together my own, by buying a fishing tackle box, but I’d always forget to add things, or I’d end up with two much of what I didn’t need, or the box would tip over and everything would get mixed up together, or it was just too bulky to carry around everywhere, or not bulky enough to hold what I needed it to hold.

When I was at

CVS, I found their First Aid All-in-One kit. I liked the idea, immediately, that it was in a waterproof vinyl type of zip-up container. And it seemed to come with everything I could possibly need for first aid. It had all types of different kinds of bandages, sterile gauze pads, alcohol pads, tweezers, scissors, medical tape, asprin, tylenol, instant cold pack, emergency blanket, burn ointments, disposable thermometers (which I thought was cool, but it would’ve been more practical to have a normal thermometer).

some of the things I can’t imagine every needing, but you just never know. The container, however despite being waterproof, leaves a lot to be desired, because though it has individual little pockets for everything, it just seems things are thrown in there in no particular order, and you can forget it if there’s something you want to add to it, because there’s just no room unless you’re willing to create a more unorganized mess than what already exists. I love the products that come with it, though. My sun had a nasty sunburn on this knees, and I used a pack ...

• of burn ointment from the kit, and he felt relief immediately and it lasted a long time and actually helped to heal the burn and not just relieve the pain. Unfortunately, there’s only ONE packet of the burn ointment. Now it’s up to me to replenish that and try to find an ointment that works just as well.

So, this pack could use more of some things and less of others. Bandaids are easy enough to find in travel packs, so I could’ve definitely used less of those, but more travel-friendly things like individual packs of medications, ointments and such, would be nice. I would’ve liked to see some one-time-use anti-itch or bug bite stuff, but that was also only supplied in one small packet. Worked well too, which is what makes it such a shame that more didn’t come with it. Bandaides and gauze pads gallore, but when it comes to the things that work so well and you need more of, you’re left a little disappointed in the end.

The disposable thermometer is an interesting gadget, and worked well also, and there’s no

risk of it getting broken if the bag gets banged around, but if they re-worked the bag into a waterproof HARD container, this wouldn’t be a problem as well. I like all the items that came in this pack, but I think I’m going to be forced to repackage it into another box or container as soon as I find one suitable enough, and then restock all the items I liked in it that were far and few between, and pray that CVS carries these items in affordable disposable containers. AFter all, the “disposable” part is what makes this appealing for a convenient kit. If you have to repackage a bunch of stuff after using it, then it’s not worth the time. However, I paid only $20 for all these items, and you can actually find it on sale every once in a while for less than $15, and you simply can’t buy the container and stuff to fill it for less than $75, so it’s definitely a deal. I like it, but packaging could be better thought out, as well as the amount of really useful items.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262709849600530/k2311a0927/9.27.09