Breathe Right Snore Relief  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • But, to put his overactive imagination at ease, I've tried a few products here and there to help alleviate the snoring I know I don't do
  • But then I found Breathe Right Snore Relief, which wasn't a strip at all, thankfully
  • You should eat a half an hour before taking this, but that's not really a problem since I don't like to eat or drink right before bed anyway
  • There are 30 nights worth, and it cost about as much as any allergy or cold medicine is going to cost you over the counter
  • There's actually a nice tingling sensation afterwards which I like, but I'm sure that's an acquired preference for most

• by Anasuya

I swear my husband is lying, but he claims I snore ridiculously at night, and especially this time of year when the Michigan weather takes its toll and my allergies kick on high gear. I’m a lady, through and through, so I refuse to believe I’d do anything quite as garish as snoring, though. But, to put his overactive imagination at ease, I’ve tried a few products here and there to help alleviate the snoring I know I don’t do! I’ve tried Breathe Right Nasal Strips, but those didn’t work at all, and were just really unattractive to look at. My husband would roll over to give me a kiss goodnight and recoil in horror at the site of me with this big plastic thing over my nose. He equated it to kissing a strange patient at a hospital. A little extreme if you ask me, but still,

accurate enough I suppose. And they didn’t work, which made it worse. But then I found Breathe Right Snore Relief, which wasn’t a strip at all, thankfully. It’s a liquid throat rinse. You take two teaspoons at night, before bed, gargle in the back of your throat and then spit. You should eat a half an hour before taking this, but that’s not really a problem since I don’t like to eat or drink right before bed anyway.

It says it’s “clincally proven” whatever that means, and it’s supposed to reduce the frequency of snoring and how loud you snore. There are 30 nights worth, and it cost about as much as any allergy or cold medicine is going to cost you over the counter. Pretty average, if you ask me, so it was worth it to give it a shot and see if it would work. I wouldn’t say I’m an obsessive snorer, as I usually only snore when my allergies are at work. I take allergy medication as prescribed by my doctor, but sometimes, it’s just not sufficient enough to help with this unattractive side effect. This also comes in a spray, but the spray is expensive, and if you get it on your tongue, you’ll find that it’s numb for a long while and anything you eat or drink afterwards tastes funny, even if it’s several hours later. So, I’ve reverted to the liquid gargle mouth rinse.

Obviously, I can’t tell you personally if it works or not, because I’m asleep and don’t know if I’m snoring or not. But, my husband says it’s worked fairly well, on and off. Some nights, if my allergies are particularly bad, it doesn’t seem to work at all, but other nights, when it’s only moderate, it ...

• Breathe Right Snore Relief
      really does reduce the loudness of my snoring, at least long enough for him to fall asleep. He’s told me there’s been times since I started using this product that he would wake up in the middle of the night and I’d be snoring loudly again, and he’s woken me up to take another dose of it or go sleep on the couch! Usually I just scoff and roll back over and go to sleep, but occassionally, if I’m feeling very generous, I’ll get out of bed and swig it again. Doesn’t taste great, but since you aren’t swallowing it, it’s not so bad. Definitely do-able, and seems to be right up there in taste with a basic mouthwash. There’s actually a nice tingling sensation afterwards which I like, but I’m sure that’s an acquired preference for most.

My husband snores as well, and after much debate of

him denying it (just like me), I finally got him to take some as well. Didn’t seem to work for him at all though. He’s one of those snorers who would wake himself up with his own snoring, roll over and go back to sleep only to start snoring again in a few minutes. For some reason, this mouthwash didn’t seem to do anything to help reduce the loudness of his snoring. He does it less frequently, I’ll admit, which is a plus, but when he does snore, it’s just as loud as its always been. So, ultimately, I guess this is a hit and miss kind of product and is totally dependant on the circumstances and the reason for taking it in the first place, as well as who is taking it. I give it an even 5, for working for me, but not so much for my husband.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262709849590530/k2311a0927/9.27.09