Bellini’s Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
J.P. Rizal (near Marikina Public Market), Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
  • I love all their pasta, but the Seafood Marinara is my favorite because I love seafood
  • I am not sure why but I think the coffee here is better than Starbucks
  • I am not very impressed with the waitresses here because everytime I ask a question, they keep turning to the owner for some guidance

• by TheAdvocate

My favorite cuisine has always been Italian. I have always been partial to pasta, pizza and their breads. My head knows it is mostly carbohydrates, but my stomach just would not quit. One of my favorite Italian restaurant is Bellini’s. I discovered its first restaurant in Marikina Shoe Expo while I was browsing for shoes. It was smack in the middle of the cul-de-sac, with the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting. I followed my nose and went inside. At that time I was not aware that they already had a reputation, even though the foot traffic was low, that was established by word-of-mouth only. I tasted their food and have since gone back whenever I could.

The Bellini’s in Marikina Shoe Expo was established by an Italian who married a Filipina.

It was a cozy restaurant where, at any given day, the owner would be present greeting the patrons and even exchanging pleasantries with them. The ambience is that of an Italian café in the afternoon, and which is transformed in the evening with candles into a romantic setting. On certain days, there would be some kind of performance, like a guitar-player would serenade the diners, to add to the romantic ambience. The servers are very polite and helpful. I have heard a few of them speak Italian which is a lot of help in reading the menu (although there is an English translation in parenthesis). Nevertheless, even assuming that this place had no ambience or the staff was rude, the food they serve would make you forget everything else. I have several ...

• favorites in this restaurant such as Salmon Crostini for appetizer, their Seafood Marinara for pasta and the Quattro Formaggio for Pizza. The salmon crostini is crunchy with that tangy and salty taste of salmon. It is just enough appetizer for two people. I love all their pasta, but the Seafood Marinara is my favorite because I love seafood. I pair it with Quattro Formaggio (4 Cheese) instead of garlic bread. I finish this off with panna cotta and coffee.

I was quite happy frequenting Bellini’s at Marikina Shoe Expo, but I was really happy when Bellini’s opened its doors in my very town, Marikina. Bellini’s Marikina opened near the Marikina Public Market right beside a bank. I learned that the restaurant is run by the son of the owner of the original

restaurant in Marikina Shoe Expo, and carried the same menu that I love. I usually make it a habit to order taste the different offerings in any restaurant, but I make an exception with Bellini’s. I still order the Salmon Crostini, Seafood Marinara, Quattro Formaggio, panna cotta and coffee. The only difference is that I take the panna cotta in strawberry flavor here. I am not sure why but I think the coffee here is better than Starbucks. Paired with Strawberry Panna Cotta, my dessert makes me the most contented person for the day. I am not very impressed with the waitresses here because everytime I ask a question, they keep turning to the owner for some guidance. It is a bit off-putting. Other than that, it is the same Bellini’s I have grown to love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72709849510530/k2311a0927/9.27.09