Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found this product a sheer delight to use
  • I feel as though it really gets into my pores and I love the fact that it has a strong scent of the lavender essential oil which is just beautiful
  • This will take off make up but I prefer to whip off the majority of make up first so that this can get to work on bare skin
  • It may be that some people have an allergy to one of the ingredients, so I would recommend that you go to the Lush shop and ask nicely for a sample so you can try it out
  • A highly recommended facial cleanser - the best I have ever tried

• by jeanne71

Angels on Bare Skin’ is the first Lush product I ever tried. I explained to the assistant (who had lovely skin I might add) that I was looking for a cleanser that is suitable for my dry skin and also clarify my pores. I am too old for teenage acne but due to my lifestyle I suppose I do tend to get clogged pores. She suggested I try their ‘Angels with Bare Skin’ cleanser.

This contains essential oils of rose and lavender which have healing, soothing and nourishing properties, kaolin (which is basically clay) which is a natural cleanser, ground almond to exfoliate and glycerin to moisturize. All the ingredients are entirely natural. It looks very similar to putty, with bits in it resembling fennel seeds.

As the shop assistant demonstrated, you get a small piece (about the size of a 5 pence or a cent), mix it with a little water in the palm

of your hand and rub it over your face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Then rinse off as usual. She told me I could use it twice a day if I wanted to.

I found this product a sheer delight to use. I feel as though it really gets into my pores and I love the fact that it has a strong scent of the lavender essential oil which is just beautiful. OK, it is slightly messy and you have to give the sink a rinse round afterwards to get rid of the bits, and you have to retrieve a couple of bits out of your hair, but it is not that time-consuming. As you cannot use it on your eyes (ground almonds in your eye will not be pleasant), I take my eye make up off first and actually I take my make up off first as well using wipes or ...

• something cheap. This will take off make up but I prefer to whip off the majority of make up first so that this can get to work on bare skin.

I am very pleased with this product and I have been using it for some months now. My skin looked clearer after two days of using it twice a day. I used to have little bumps under my skin but that has cleared up, my pores look more refined, and my face looks brighter now too. My skin is sensitive and is quick to indicate to me if I am using something too harsh, but it has been fine with this product. Because it is mild enough to use every day, dead skin cells hardly have time to produce any clogged pores, so I have hardly had any trouble with bad skin since using it. All throughout the day my face feels

invigorated as though I have just had a facial - I really like the feeling.

A friend of mine tried this product and reported that it caused her to break out in spots but with me it has the opposite effect. It may be that some people have an allergy to one of the ingredients, so I would recommend that you go to the Lush shop and ask nicely for a sample so you can try it out. A little bit goes a long way and the little sample I initially received lasted several weeks! In the UK it retails at £5.42 for 100g which isn’t very expensive as it will last you.

Angels on Bare Skin’ is OK for vegans by the way. Please note also that as it is made with purely natural ingredients, it only has a shelf life of about 3 months.

A highly recommended facial cleanser - the best I have ever tried!

Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312709849400530/k2311a0927/9.27.09