Selecta Creations Young Coconut Ice Cream 1.7L  » Food  »
  • This is the best young coconut ice cream I have ever tried
  • I bought it from the Filipino store for Canadian $11.99
  • Rumor has it that this company used only carabao milk on its ice cream products, but that was I think a long time ago, when Selecta was just starting out
  • Still, I find all the ice cream flavors of Selecta just delicious
  • And after having tasted this Selecta young coconut flavor, I have to say that there will definitely be a repeat purchase lurking in the horizon

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

This is the best young coconut ice cream I have ever tried. I bought it from the Filipino store for Canadian $11.99. I guess this would make it a pricey ice cream, because Nestle and other brands are much cheaper.

However, I do have a weakness for the company Selecta, which based in the Philippines just happens to make the best ice cream. Rumor has it that this company used only carabao milk on its ice cream products, but that was

I think a long time ago, when Selecta was just starting out.

Nowadays, I don’t think there’s enough carabaos or water buffaloes in the Philippines from which to derive carabao milk. Still, I find all the ice cream flavors of Selecta just delicious. They’re not even too sweet, they’re just rich in flavor.

Sometimes, I would patronize its competitor Nestle, but top of mind to me is really Selecta ice cream. And after having tasted this Selecta young coconut flavor, I ...

• have to say that there will definitely be a repeat purchase lurking in the horizon.

Young coconut is cherished in the Philippines, and referred to with the local terminology, macapuno. Judging from my taste buds, the macapuno in this ice cream is simply the softest and the sweetest tasting. It really tastes like it came from a very young coconut.

I used to prefer the ube or the purple yam flavor, but now I have a new favorite. Besides, this young

coconut ice cream follows the buco salad tradition in my home country. Hence, it’s not only loaded with young coconut, it also has a fruit cocktail combination.

I have to say that with the yummy creaminess of this ice cream buco salad, the recipe is just perfect. It only reinforces my faith in Selecta, although I must admit, I worked for the competition many years ago!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272609849330430/k2311a0926/9.26.09