Proview Monitor Model 786N  » Computers  »
  • I would like to tell you about my experience using this monitor
  • This is clearly a big disadvantage, compared to the slim monitors that are widely available today
  • I think that this is the best place to locate this button, as it is very easy to reach

• by reviewer42

We have the Proview Monitor Model Number 786N at work for some time now. It is being used as a monitor for our server, which helps us share documents and collaborate on the project we are working on. I would like to tell you about my experience using this monitor.

Please let us start this review by saying that this monitor belongs to the old generation of monitors. This does not mean that it is not good. However, it is quite

tick and takes a lot of space on the desk. This is clearly a big disadvantage, compared to the slim monitors that are widely available today.

Another disadvantage the Proview Monitor Model Number 786N has is the fact that its screen image is not as sharp as a LCD screen’s. From my own experience I can say that using this monitor for a long time is less comfortable for my eyes. This should be a serious consideration before deciding to purchase ...

• the monitor.

However, there are also some things that I do like about this monitor. The button to start/turn off the monitor is just in front of me at the middle-bottom of the monitor. I think that this is the best place to locate this button, as it is very easy to reach.

From my own experience I know that it is sometimes best to leave the computer on, while turning the monitor off, to prolong the monitor’s life. For example, I

sometimes turn my monitor off at the end of the work day and turn it back on the next morning. In such cases, the quick access to this button can be valuable.

I also like the fact that other control buttons are located immediately in front the eyes of the user. I think that it makes using the monitor more simple and straight forward. I will rate the Proview Monitor Model Number 786N a 7 out of a maximum of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 192609849110330/k2311a0926/9.26.09