Simply Potatotes Garlic Mashed Potatoes  » Food  »
  • Therefore, I decided to try Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes, which can be found in the refrigerated section of my local supermarket
  • I like them just the way they are when they come out of the microwave
  • They also do not have what I consider to be a fake taste that I think mashed potatoes that are not homemade can sometimes have
  • Of course, buying a sack of potatoes and peeling and mashing them yourself is a lot more inexpensive, but not as convenient
  • One of the best things about the Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes is that in four minutes you can whip them onto your plate after a long hard day, when you have a craving for comfort food

• by deem

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved mashed potatoes. They are one of my favorite comfort foods. However, my daughter does not share my passion for them. Therefore, I decided to try Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes, which can be found in the refrigerated section of my local supermarket.

They come in a plastic container sealed with a clear plastic film on top. All you have to do to prepare Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes is peel back a corner of the plastic film so the product can vent and pop the potatoes into the microwave for about 3 minutes. At the end of the three minutes, you remove the plastic film and stir the mashed potatoes.

Then you heat the mashed potatoes for another minute. That is it. The potatoes are done.

Although the package suggests that you may want to add butter or sour cream to the mashed potatoes, I did not do so. To me, these mashed potatoes were sufficiently tasty that I did not even need to add salt or pepper. I like them just the way they are when they come out of the microwave.

All you need to do is stir them until they are smooth and they will be smooth and not lumpy. They also do not have what I consider to be a “fake” taste that I think mashed potatoes that are not homemade can sometimes have. So far Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the closest thing to homemade mashed potatoes that I have found in the grocery store.

The package says that there are 5 servings of the mashed potatoes in the carton,

• with 120 calories in each serving. I think that is a fairly accurate description of the number of servings especially if you are serving the potatoes with a meat and a vegetable and especially if at least a couple of the diners are children. However, I don’t want to give the impression that the serving size of these mashed potatoes is skimpy because it is not.

Furthermore, I find the price of the Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes to be reasonable — only about $2. 99 in my supermarket. In fact, I have even found them as a buy one, get one free item.

Of course, buying a sack of potatoes and peeling and mashing them yourself is a lot more inexpensive, but not as convenient. Also, if you have a small family or if you are the only one who likes

mashed potatoes, you may find that a sack of potatoes goes bad before you have an opportunity to prepare all of the potatoes. In that event, the cost saving is not as great.

One of the best things about the Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes is that in four minutes you can whip them onto your plate after a long hard day, when you have a craving for comfort food. Plus if you have a family that is busy with after school dance class or soccer practice, you can get a meal on the table using these mashed potatoes without having to resort to a drive through on the way. So if you like mashed potatoes, I think that you should give Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes a try.

You may find that they become a staple in your house as they have become in mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272609849060330/k2311a0926/9.26.09