Neutrogena on the spot acne treatment
cvs
  • What I love about THIS particular product (Neutrogena) is that it essentially packs the punch of zapzyt without drying your face out

• by yasmine25

First off, I use zapzyt acne treatment gel every once in a while for really demanding pimples; it seems to dry them out - REALLY dry them out - much quicker. And I guess this is really the reason I don’t use it on a regular basis. It’s just too drying, and I have oily skin. (I can only imagine what it would do to dry skin.) Also my makeup looks horrible even after moisturizing. Anyway,

it does work. Don’t get me wrong. But you’ll probably end up peeling and just really, really dry; so, be prepared.

What I love about THIS particular product (Neutrogena) is that it essentially packs the punch of zapzyt without drying your face out. And I guess the way it does this is that because it has a lower concentration of benzoyl peroxide, its effectiveness is spread out over a longer period of time; the results are not ...

• as immediate. zapzyt on the other hand, is so strong that yes it works faster, but the downside is that it’ll dry you out. And recovering from that will take a while.

On another note, what really sold me on Neutrogena’s product was that it was in fact made by Neutrogena. Why is this important you ask? Well. Neutorgena also manufactures Retin-A Micro (Tretinoin Gel), which is a godsend for acne sufferers. It is available by prescription

only. (Imagine that… a Neutrogena product you’d need a prescription for.) Anyway, if Neutrogena’s good enough for my dermatologist to prescribe me Retin-A Micro, which she has done; then, it’s good enough for me to trust an over-the-counter, on-the-spot benzoyl peroxide treatment.

Nevertheless, both products are great, and they work. Just know that one is going to dry you out more than the other; so, if you’re looking for a long-term regimen, definitely invest in Neutrogena’s On-the-Spot Treatment.

Neutrogena on the spot acne treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312509848680930/k2311a0925/9.25.09