The Good Wife  » TV  »
  • I don't think we need another law show, but this one might be a bit different
  • I hope it will be just as interesting and that there may actually be substance behind the series
  • I believe it is probably a show geared for women though a male viewer shouldn't be too bored with it

• by sweetkiara

The Good Wife is a new show that started this fall season 09. It airs on CBS. The premiere show storyline was not too bad. The wife of the show is a lawyer. Her husband is the District Attorney. A scandal is started surrounding the family when DA husband is videotaped having a liaison with a prostitute.

The DA is arrested, sent to jail. The wife is forced to start her career

over after being out of the courtroom for over a decade. In addition to working, she is trying to sort out how she feels about her husbands affair. Her children are being teased in school as the video is available to watch over the internet.

Personally, I liked the show! I don’t think we need another law show, but this one might be a bit different. It did have a lot ...

• of courtroom scenes, however, it also balanced it with personal family scenes.

The main character of the show seems to be the wife. It focuses on her actions, her career and her role as a mother and wife. Now in the midst of a scandal she is having to figure out how to be taken seriously in the courtroom on her own merits. I feel it is a positive message for women.

The character that plays the wife is engaging and realistic.

Based on the premiere episode, I will tune again for the next show. I hope it will be just as interesting and that there may actually be substance behind the series. if you haven’t seen it yet, its worth giving it a chance. I believe it is probably a show geared for women though a male viewer shouldn’t be too bored with it.

The Good Wife

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102509848270930/k2311a0925/9.25.09