LG GH22NS DVD Writer  » Computers  »
  • When my CD writer lens was broken I decided to buy DVD writer
  • The main reason for buying the DVD writer is that I love to collect movies
  • I don’t know much about media types but I know some of them that are compatible with this super multi drive
  • I am using it from quite long time and I had no problem with this multi drive (except the problem that I listed)

• by ankgol

This is generation of DVD and without DVD ROM or RAM computer is waste. At least you need to have reader attached with your system. When my CD writer lens was broken I decided to buy DVD writer. The main reason for buying the DVD writer is that I love to collect movies. I didn’t have hard drive at that time so I need to burn movies into DVD’s. I used to burn movies very frequently. LG is a well-known brand and I have trust on it. When I went to market and asked for LG DVD writer, he gave me LG GH22NS.

After getting this from market the next thing is installation. It’s very easy. If you have little bit knowledge of hardware you can install it easily. Fit it in the given slot of the cabinet;

plug in the power cable and bus. If you are not a computer jerk still you can fit it by reading user manual, which comes with package. User manual is very easy to read and appropriate pictures show installation process. It is of black color with LG logo on the front side. On the front side we have button to eject the plate. Green light on this indicated that it is working. You don’t need to install any additional software or driver to make it ready but to burn DVD you need to have software like Nero or DVD Burner. I also got a disk with package. Nero, Power DVD and some other software are included in the disk. This is very helpful disk because you need Nero to burn DVD’s and to play videos.

It supports various ...

• CD and DVD formats like text, audio, photos and DVD video. That means that I can burn not only data files but I can burn videos and photos as well. As I said most of the time I need to burn movies. I don’t know much about media types but I know some of them that are compatible with this super multi drive. They are CD-ROM, CD-RW, and DVD-RW etc. apart from burning movies I can play DVD’s directly or listen to music. The writing speed is good. it supports up to 52x in CD’s. I burn DVD’s at 24x.

There are some drawbacks of this multi drive. After burning DVD pop up shows that the process is completed and you need to click on ok button. After clicking on ok button the DVD ejects automatically. It

frustrates me a lot because I always need to check the data that I burned. So I have to stand up and push the button to check the data that I burned. Another drawback is that if I burn disk on high speed then the probability is high that some thing wrong can happen. For example after burning DVD at highest speed I can’t copy the data from DVD to my hard drive. It shows cycle redundancy error. You can’t copy data but the good thing is that you can read the data directly from disk. The warranty period of this super multi drive is 2 years. I am using it from quite long time and I had no problem with this multi drive (except the problem that I listed). I will stick to this and I am happy with this.

harish says :

I have buy one lg dvd rw.this dvd rw is read only cd not read dvd.what problem please tell me my email id 7t97t97t9 gmail.com

Jules Li says :

If it’s a DVD RW drive that means that it reads and writes to both CDs and DVDs. If it’s not doing so that could mean that there’s an issue with the drive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 192509848010830/k2311a0925/9.25.09