Man Doo Hyang Korean Restaurant Mississauga  » Restaurants  »
169 Dundas Street East, Mississauga, ON
  • I have been there over 20x already myself and they have given me the best Korean food I've ever had in my life
  • It's $13.99 for the plate, but the plate of noodles is so big that it can definitely feed 4-6 people easily
  • If you want a unique dining experience and to try something new, but not eat something that is weirdly exotic this is the place for you

• by demonfighter11

Man Doo Hyang is a more traditional style Korean restaurant. It’s at the intersection of Hurontario and Dundas just south of the Square one shopping center. I have been there over 20x already myself and they have given me the best Korean food I’ve ever had in my life. My favorite dish is the Beef Ribs soup with the rice on the side. They give you 3-4 massive chunks of beef ribs boiling hot in a beef broth soup, served to you in a rock bowl. That’s right the bowl is made stone!! The rice on the side is mixed with beans, sweet potatoes and dates to give it a refreshingly natural sweet flavor.

The beef ribs goes for $10.00 for the meal.

Price wise I would say that the restaurant is decent. Considering the size of the portions that are given to you the price is actually a good deal. This restaurant also has Korean BBQ, but it’s not the same as the ones where you have a burner in the middle and they just serve you a buffet of food. This Korean BBQ has a massive stone plate that’s heated with a mini stove at your table. You get a huge plate of beef with onions and it gets slow cooked on the stone plate. When it’s done you take it out, wrap it in some lettuce ...

• and put some of their sweet sauce in it and chow down. The quality of the BBQ here is so much higher then other places.

They also have many items in the back of their menu to serve large groups of people. For example I tried their hand made noodles in black bean sauce with shrimp. It’s $13.99 for the plate, but the plate of noodles is so big that it can definitely feed 4-6 people easily. The Korean black bean sauce is different from the Chinese sauce in that it’s sweet instead of salty.

The venue itself is fairly average. They have one LCD TV that plays Korean shows and news. They have 3 types

of seating areas; One for large groups with some large round table and a really long table, One for regular sized families of 4 and couples and finally one more traditional seating area where you have mats, mini pillows and you have to sit on your knees to eat.

When it comes to Korean food and restaurants I have tried at least 12 places around the city and I can say that this one is the best out of all of them. If you want a unique dining experience and to try something new, but not eat something that is weirdly exotic this is the place for you. I recommend it 100% i give it a 10/10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72509847770830/k2311a0925/9.25.09