Whalley Printers and Stationers Ltd. In Surrey, Canada  » Business  »
2.5
10715 King George Highway, Surrey, British Columbia
  • When I was planning to set up my own business in 2008, I thought I needed business cards to get started, so I had my friend accompany me to the Surrey downtown area to look for a printer
  • We readily went in to their office to inquire about the cost
  • Looking back, I regret that I had not tried the printer beside the one I patronized, considering it offered a cheaper rate, but sometimes you just don't have time to compare costs or do some window shopping of sorts
  • But I would recommend this printer to anybody for a good, fast and efficient job
  • For one, I noticed that the black ink smudged if you left a business card in your wallet and let it get crushed by other cards like a photo ID or a credit card

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

When I was planning to set up my own business in 2008, I thought I needed business cards to get started, so I had my friend accompany me to the Surrey downtown area to look for a printer. We easily found Whalley Printers and Stationers Ltd. because of their handy location right at the heart of downtown.

We readily went in to their office to inquire about the cost. I was given a quote for 500 printed business cards at Canadian $39. The neighboring printing store, my friend pointed out, offered $35 for the same order, so she tried to stop me from ordering.

But I said, what the heck, we’re probably not comparing apples to

apples and oranges to oranges anyway. The other printer might be cheaper, but I doubt if the paper stock or quality of printing were comparable. I just wanted to get the ordering done and over with. I was told I could pick up my order within one business day, and that somebody would email me the print proof.

I was glad that as soon as I got home, I got the proof by email, which I readily approved, after checking for any possible typos. The next day, at sometime in the afternoon before close of business hours, I picked up my order.

I checked it and everything was all right. Of course, I started giving ...

• them away to my contacts. It was even tempting to hand it out to everyone I met on the street, so proud of how professional my business card looked.

So it all went very well. Looking back, I regret that I had not tried the printer beside the one I patronized, considering it offered a cheaper rate, but sometimes you just don’t have time to compare costs or do some window shopping of sorts.

Luckily, my business cards turned out pretty well. I still have some left, but if they run out, I’ll probably ask Whalley Printers and Stationers Ltd to reprint them for me. My plans to set up my business fizzled, but who

knows when I might decide to reactivate my plans?

But I would recommend this printer to anybody for a good, fast and efficient job. They are not the most high quality printer from the looks of it, but where it comes to expediency or the basic looks, they should be all right. For one, I noticed that the black ink smudged if you left a business card in your wallet and let it get crushed by other cards like a photo ID or a credit card. But I guess that’s what happened if you let go of the laminate process, which was an added cost to the printing, anyway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412509847700230/k2311a0925/9.25.09