Soap nuts  » Health  »
  • Some month ago I bought 1 kg of soap nuts, to try out
  • The nuts that are grown in India are amazing

• by Pepparmintzebra

I pride myself in taking small, but important, steps to live greener and greener, for the wellbeing of the environment, and my own health.

Some month ago I bought 1 kg of soap nuts, to try out.

I was a bit weary at start but, boy, was I surprised at the results and the overall use.

The nuts that are grown in India are amazing! I use them to almost every cleaning task now, and I satisfied in more than one way.

If it were up to me, every single one of the man-made-cleaning-detergent should be forbidden, now when we have this nut.

/> Well, I mention that I was satisfied, and I want to explain that further.

First: It cleans well, of course.

Second: I don´t need any softening chemicals after the actual cleaning, the nut do that also. Third: It has a neutral smell (in fact it smells nothing), that is actually a positive thing, because I use skin products and perfumes, that have a scent and the nut -smell will not interfere with my skin-smell.

Fourth: I can use it to almost everything, so I have much more space in the cleaning shelf now.

I use it for washing cloth, as a shampoo ...

• for me and as a shampoo for my dogs, I use it as my main detergent when cleaning around the house including windows, I have used it in an on my car with a good result (act a bit like wasx) . I spray my plant with it to keep away any parasits, and I use it to clean my gold and silver jewelry. The list are as I see it endless… Fifth: It´s are good for allergic people and skin sensitive people, like me, can also be used by a person who has an allergy for nuts.

Sixth: I save money.

They can be used a couple of times before I put then on the compost, so it will be cheaper then ordinary washing detergent, and I only have to by one product instead of like 10 before. For example I don´t need softener and window cleaning anymore… List is also long here. 1 kg cost about $20 and will last for I year if you wash 2-3 washes a week.

Seventh: I help saving the water pollution, and the environment.

Eighth: I’m sure there´s more, but isn´t it enough with the above?

Go out and buy you some soap nut, please, for your health and for the environment …and your wallet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342409847640230/k2311a0924/9.24.09