Burger King Store #3341 in Surrey, Canada  » Restaurants  »
10344 King George Highway, Surrey, British Columbia
  • I also noticed one of the crew come out for a smoke break, and when he was done, he just came back in to the food preparation area without even washing his hands

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I went to this Burger King store #3341 in August 2009. It was 8:44 pm and I was expecting it to be busy because it was Friday night. After all, the McDonald’s store, a stone’s throw away from it was packed with people and even it’s drive through was being hammered with cars.

So my friend and I were rather surprised to find that only three tables were filled in this rather spacious, new-looking Burger King station.

Of course, it was a boon to us two that this burger station was almost empty, because we could expect our orders to be filled pretty fast. In fact, it was the reason why we chose Burger King over McDonald’s that night. Still, we found it quite odd that it was almost empty.

I ordered the original chicken sandwich in a combo format

of course, fries and drink. Who still doesn’t order a combo these days? For me, it’s always cheaper this way, and my friend thinks the same, too.

This Burger King is well-kept. It is quite neat, in fact some of the chairs were already turned upside down on some tables, although it was still not too late in the night. My thinking is this is probably the reason why not too many people patronize this Burger King. If you have some of the chairs arranged like that, you’re not giving patrons any incentive to go in.

Someone might even think it’s closing time already, and hesitate to come into the premises. One extra come-on of this Burger King store is the fact that it offers free wireless or Wi-Fi connection. So it would be nice if I ...

• could bring my laptop here one night, in case I was bored at home.

Yet even with this Wi-Fi gimmick, not too many people come in here, surprise, surprise. To tell you the truth, I don’t know why I ordered chicken sandwich that night. Maybe I was fed up with hamburgers since I’d been eating them a lot lately.

So I didn’t really enjoy my meal much. Compared to MacDonald’s McChicken, the Burger King chicken sandwich is darker and harder. Of course, I finished it, since unlike a typical burger order, the chicken meat part is usually small. But in terms of how satisfied I was, I would probably say not as much as if I were to binge on a McChicken.

Compared to McDonald’s fries, I still prefer Burger King’s because they are usually just done right, not over fried.

And there was also none of those small fries which looked more like leftovers to me at McDonald’s. Another big difference is the tenderness of the fries, this Burger King included.

This Burger King seemed to be well-staffed, judging from when we were there. Some crew were even trying to look busy, always looking out the window in case there was a drive through order. I probably would love working here as there wasn’t much work to do, not as much as at McDonald’s from what I could see.

I also noticed one of the crew come out for a smoke break, and when he was done, he just came back in to the food preparation area without even washing his hands. What does that say about Burger King’s cleanliness?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72409847310230/k2311a0924/9.24.09