Crest Whitestrips  » Health  »
0.5
  • I had heard many good things about Crest Whitestrips, so I decided to give them a try
  • Never again will I use this product, or recommend it to others

• by EmCa11

After having my braces removed in the eighth grade, I had a few discolored spots on my teeth. My parents allowed me to have my teeth whitened to try and lighten the spots. At the time, I went to the dentist and was custom fitted with a tray that held a gel bleach solution. I was amazed at the results. Fast forward ten years, and again I was interested in having my teeth lightened a couple of shades. Not wanting to spend

another five-hundred dollars, I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I had heard many good things about Crest Whitestrips, so I decided to give them a try.

The premise is simple. They are thin clear strips coated with hydrogen peroxide bleach. You apply the strips to your teeth and leave them in place for thirty minutes. You do this twice a day, with the promise of whiter teeth in just days. The directions say if you have any tooth sensitivity, use it ...

• once a day, or every other day. I have never experienced any tooth sensitivity before, so I never hesitated before trying this product. After first applying the strips, I sat for thirty agonizingly long minutes, fighting the urge to gag. These strips taste terrible! After removing the strips, my teeth and gums began to ache. It was so bad; a couple of hours later, ibuprofen still had not helped to alleviate the pain. I tried these strips again a couple of days
        later. Again, the pain was more than I could bear.

I had used professional strength teeth whitening gel in the past and had no issues with sensitivity. It’s scary to think that something sold over the counter would be so strong and harmful! It is impossible for me to know if Crest Whitestrips are effective at whitening your teeth. I was unable to use them long enough to see any possible results. Never again will I use this product, or recommend it to others!

Crest Whitestrips

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342409846681230/k2311a0924/9.24.09