Cowon D2+ MP3 player  » Electronics  »
  • I found the 2.5 inch touchscreen really sharp and crisp in colors, but hated the fact that the onscreen icons and menus were really dull
  • In my opinion, it scores big and is easily a cut above most run-of-the-mill PMPs
  • The bass is deep with a nice hit, the min-range is a lot of fun and very involving, everything about the music quality is good, or the best if you put it my way
  • I would not recommend you to use it as a video PMP, as any video PMP deserves a screen bigger than 2.5 inches and which can play video that is actually above the resolution limit of 320x240 pixels

• by Akshay

The Cowon D2+ at first look didn’t impress me at all, with it’s credit card sized body, which is really thick and minimal frills. Though I loved the fact that they used quality material, rather than the cheap plastic or aluminium found in other PMPs. I found the 2.5 inch touchscreen really sharp and crisp in colors, but hated the fact that the onscreen icons and menus were really dull. They do need a make-over for sure.

But looking at the other side

of the coin, I loved the fact that this player supported multiple audio formats including .FLAC and .APE and a load of video formats, along with SD Expansion, AV out and a bundled notepad and flash player, this player is a dynamite of features. Looking at this awesomely large feature set, I am sure you would have forgotten about the dull icons and menus, just like me. The touchscreen is quite responsive, though you will find it a bit difficult to operate at times. But otherwise, it will go on just fine.

Now let’s talk about the music and sound quality. I personally loved the sound quality of The Cowon D2+. In my opinion, it scores big and is easily a cut above most run-of-the-mill PMPs. The bass is deep with a nice hit, the min-range is a lot of fun and very involving, everything about the music quality is good, or the best if you put it my way. I would not recommend you ...

• Cowon D2+ MP3 player
      to use it as a video PMP, as any video PMP deserves a screen bigger than 2.5 inches and which can play video that is actually above the resolution limit of 320×240 pixels. So if you are looking for a video PMP in the Cowon D2+, then you are surely lost. I loved the quality of the bundled earphones too, which deliver fine bass and treble volumes, and are pretty decent in performance.

I loved the battery life of this PMP, which resulted

in quite over a day of MP3 playback, quite a mandatory feature to be found in most PMPs, in my opinion. At a price tag of 9,500 INR for the 8 GB version, I found the D2+ a high end music player with a bit of everything and some really cool extras, except the fact that it fails in the video part. So, I recommend you not to buy it as a video component, but for other purposes, it works just fine. Go get it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162409846671230/k2311a0924/9.24.09