Johnson Waterproof Floor Wax  » Housewares  »
  • After the hard work, I like to gaze at the grains of wood as they stand out, makes me want to walk barefooted like a kid

• by carpediem

Wood is a type of flooring I approved of, maybe because I grew up in a house where wood dominates the second floor and even the furniture. My fortress, plainly known as my room has a wood flooring extending to other rooms. The sight of a polished wood could set my mood, for it seemingly add a bit of elegance as its luster spread out inside my diminutive and plain room—I owe it all to Johnson Waterproof Floor Wax. A small box of it is sufficient to my room and nearby room, hallway and stairs.

There are two variety of Johnson Floor Wax: red and natural. I have no idea what type of wood flooring we have at home, but I’m certain its color is somewhat fading, probably because of drops of liquid. To give a dark look, I opted for red Johnson. For comparison, I too have tried the natural variation. It seems to highlight the light areas on the wood while the dark areas has less contrast. Having witnessed the discrepancy, I am more likely to use the red one; it doesn’t mean my choice is superior to ...

• the other. It’s just a matter of preference. However, dealing with quality, I would give them both a gleaming recommendation.

Johnson is a paste floor wax, thus I have to get down on my knees, patiently and evenly apply it on the floor. To get the desired effect after applying the wax in the morning, I then leave it for a few hours to let the wax adhere to the wood. By noon, I would manually scrub the floor—serving as a form of exercise as well. Polishing takes time than applying the wax. After the hard

work, I like to gaze at the grains of wood as they stand out, makes me want to walk barefooted like a kid. In a month, I could enjoy the nostalgic and classic appeal of a polished wood. The duration of efficacy could take much longer, since Johnson is a waterproof floor wax. When I inadvertently wet the floor, I gave no fuss about it, though I knew for sure that it will leave a white spot after evaporation. All I have to do is to scrub and the luster is restored again, as if nothing happens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532309846331030/k2311a0923/9.23.09